Running Shoes? Help!!

Options
I have a pair of New Balance 461s- trail running shoes. They end up hurting my arches after about 3 miles and I feel like my feet move too much in the shoes by the toes. New Balances are just not the brand for me.

I would like to get back at running on the street or the treadmill at the gym and was wondering what brand of shoes would be best for me. Like I said new balances are out and I'm looking for shoes that have more support by my toes and arches. Thanks so much for your imput ahead of time!!

Replies

• acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Find a running store near you and go get fitted! It's hard to give advice on shoes over the internet, and if you go to a running store they'll do a gait analysis and tell you exactly what kind of shoe would suit you best :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Find a good sports shoe store near you, get some advice and try on a bunch of shoes to see what works for you. It's going to be different for everyone.
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Go get fitted at a running store! My husband took me a few days ago and WOW..the difference. It was a bit pricey...but my feet and knees thank me for it.
  • aprilhelmreich
    aprilhelmreich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!
  • brandenocs
    brandenocs Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It's not necessarily the brand. Just that particular kind of shoe. ^ They have it right. Go to a proper shoe store and have the reps there fit you for a few different shoes and give you options.
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I agree, definitely go to a running store and get fitted!!! That way you will know what pronation you are and what to look for in future shoes!! Good luck!
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    my husband hates his new balance shoes, Fila makes a great shoe you should check it out.
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    getting fitted is the right idea, i also love my asics and so do a number of other friends who run!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Getting fitted is key! I also have Asics, haven't tried anything else yet, because I was fitted for them.
  • natersmama
    Options
    i used to get really bad shin splints. and had a stress fracture. i also have high arches and all the shoes i was told would help my shin splits and give me better support, didnt. i went from nikes. to asics. to new balance. to brooks. they all hurt. so now i have a pair of vibrams, and they are AWESOME! i havent had any pains at all. =)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has suggested, go to a running shop and get fitted. You'll learn a lot about how you walk and run from them and they'll be able to help you find the right shoe for you.

BTW, I can not wear anything but Nike when I run. So, everyone is different.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I pronate really bad and have to have good support on the inside of my feet. I went to our local running store and he did a gait analysis and didn't charge any extra for it (probably since I bought shoes) and told me what kind of shoe I needed. I have the Brooks Addiction and LOVE them.