Inspiration and motivation

Options
What or who inspired you to work out and or lose weight and what motivates you to keep going?

For me a lot of people laugh but it was watching Rocky IV with saloon and knowing that he was near 40 years old and in that good of shape I was 20 when I saw that I'm 37 today and I have two kids a three and a four year old they and my job keep me motivated

Replies

• Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 454 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Like so many, I gained weight while the pandemic forced me to work from home. I actually climbed back up to a post-pregnancy weight that I previously swore I would never return to. :( Anyway, the inspiration to do something about this came in two ways. The first was a practicality: I knew I would be returning to work soon and none of my clothes fit me anymore. The second was more philosophical: peri-menopause symptoms hit me with a vengeance, alerting me that midlife was upon me. This was a great reminder that if I don't change my ways now, the second half of my life would be filled with health problems. If I doubted that, I only had to look to older relatives to see what could be in store (diabetes, heart disease, kidney problems, etc.).

Since I made the decision to do something about the excess weight and lack of exercise, I've pretty much adopted the same attitude as @Xellercin . I watch my food, I keep tabs on my weight, and I exercise because that is what has to be done to be healthy. Period.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!