My first big NSV!

Options
jrcox520
jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
I wouldn't normally post, but I feel like shouting from the mountaintops!! I've never been a runner, and really didn't like doing it. Today I set a goal to run one mile, just to see if I could. I did myself one better and ran two!! Now I'm thinking about starting C25K so I can get more of this amazing feeling. That's all, thanks for reading. :D

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I used to be like you.. If you are running outside, I suggest buying a Garmin GPS watch. It will record everywhere you run with complete accuracy. Then you can upload it online. It's sooo cool. It makes running fun!

Big Congrats to you!!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Welcome to the family of runners!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Thats so amazing! Isn't it just such a great feeling to realize you can totally do it!! I'm very happy for you!! Get on that C25K!!! Soon you'll be running a half marathon!! I know, your laughing, but stop it!! I totally laughed too, and I just ran one! And I laughed when someone told me I might doing under 3 hours, but I did!! You will be a runnin' fool in no time!!!

::insurt pic of Forrest Gump here::

I couldn't get it to work. lol
  • HoLynne
    HoLynne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I want to be like you, I have always just walked and have tried to run but give up as soon as my heart starts pumping hard. You are inspirational and now I want to try again :)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Wow...way to go. I'm finally on week 4 of c25k (I started in June), I want to be able to run a mile by mid-October. It must feel great...congrats to you!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Cool Beans!
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!

My entire life I was under the impression that I would never be a "runner." I started running over the summer and got hooked!! I can now do 4.5 miles without stopping. I ran my first 5k race this morning and am training for a 10k next month. Definitely try out a running program :D
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    that's awesome stuff! i started off like that- well i started lugging my fat *kitten* between lamp posts and eventually built up to running a kilometre. then i found c25k, which changed things entirely. and just like JAllen has done (awesome btw, congrats to you!), i'm running a half marathon next week and another in october. it's so worth it- welcome to the runners family!
  • jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And you should do the C25K program. I did it about 4 months ago and I was not a runner AT ALL! I was able to complete it and now I am hooked! I enjoy running and I've done a few 5K races. I like to sign up for them every other month to keep motivated. It's a great way to exercise so you should definitely do it. You won't have any trouble. You already ran 2 miles! Go for it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!