Soo.. just not hungry..

Options
I USE TO EAT A LOT! I mean SOMETHING all the time, 2 to 3 big bowls of sugary cereal for breakfast, 2 sandwiches all kinds of stuff. I never ate right. Now that I have been watching what I eat and eating smaller portions it seams everyday I eat less and less and just not hungry.. Today I ate a fish sandwich with cheese and tarter, and 2 cabbage rolls small bit of cottage cheese and pineapple... That's all :S.. If I use to do that I would have to eat all kinds of stuff. Just wondering if your actual stomach can shrink like they say. Or am I not getting enough food..? Just need some insight. I started at 265 on Monday the 23rd and as of today I'm 252.2

Replies

• Eazy43055
    Eazy43055 Posts: 56
    Options
    I USE TO EAT A LOT! I mean SOMETHING all the time, 2 to 3 big bowls of sugary cereal for breakfast, 2 sandwiches all kinds of stuff. I never ate right. Now that I have been watching what I eat and eating smaller portions it seams everyday I eat less and less and just not hungry.. Today I ate a fish sandwich with cheese and tarter, and 2 cabbage rolls small bit of cottage cheese and pineapple... That's all :S.. If I use to do that I would have to eat all kinds of stuff. Just wondering if your actual stomach can shrink like they say. Or am I not getting enough food..? Just need some insight. I started at 265 on Monday the 23rd and as of today I'm 252.2
  • gggivens
    gggivens Posts: 46
    Options
    From your brief description of what you used to eat, it sounds like you were eating nutritionally depleted foods. Foods that have very little real nutritive quality do little to actually satisfy hunger. When you start eating more 'real' food- fresh fruits, good dairy, health fish, etc. then your body does not scream out for the junk that you used to eat to get just a little nutrition.

If you start adding in good sources of omega-3 fatty acids (eggs with extra omega-3, or freshly ground flax seed) and good meats (organic if at all possible) and fresh vegis then your body will have it nutrition needs met and the craving and desire to eat mass quantities will go away.

I used to be a consumer of large amounts- 2 double quarter pounders and a large fries and a large 'diet' soda. Just for lunch. Sometimes add in a spicy chicken sandwich in case I was still hungry. Now, I eat a 4 ounce beef patty from a 4-H cow that a neighborhood boy raised in his field (organic by accident, I call it- grass fed and no hormones or antibiotics) with a salad and I am actually more satisfied than I used to be. AND I am losing weight.

Keep eating real food, and realize that a decrease in the need to eat is normal. Good luck.

153131.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter