Prepping for Gastric ByPass - completing third day

Options
Hi all,
My surgeon said I must drop 30 before he'll operate. So I'm on board with a strong commitment to follow through. I'm on day three - calories under each day so far, but got to step up the exercising. For me that will be the hardest part of this.

Replies

• hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    exercise can be incorporated in by doing things as small as taking the stairs instead of an elevator, parking in the farthest parking spot away or simply going for a short walk. I'm not sure how strict of a diet you are on to lose the specified 30 lbs but its about more than food. Make sure to drink lots of water. Hydrating your body helps in so many ways.
  • knowlestandy
    knowlestandy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can fully understand where your coming from. I'm looking into getting the surgery also. My Dr. said that there are 6 things I have to do before my medical will pay for it. I'm starting on them also. I know it's going to be hard for you, cuz I know what comes along with this prep. I wish you all the best of luck. :wink:
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    It is soooo worth it. You can DO THIS!!!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! You can do it!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    good luck..be safe:flowerforyou:
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! As pointed out above, walking is a spectacular way to increase activity without overly taxing the body. Any amount of walking (around the block, to the corner and back, pacing around your home/apartment) will give you a good burn. You can do it! :smile:
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your journey to a new you. I have friends that have gone through the procedure and they look amazing. Me, too chicken to try it. Just me. Add me as a friend if you like. :)
  • CaliGirl313
    Options
    what about the Sacred Heart Diet? Its used to prep for these kinds of things... here is a link http://www.everydiet.org/diet/sacred-heart-diet
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    WHAT!!!!! That diet is c$#p!...I would never do anything like that! I've got to learn how to eat properly, not just lose weight!. My issues are portion control. That SH diet could put someone into the hospital. Thanks, but no thanks.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Please see below link for support on your decision to have WLS:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/267363-wls-support-and-inspirational-information
  • cownancy
    Options
    This is a great way to start your journey! It's usually a little bit easier to make some of the changes when you have a reward at the end of it. For my lapband surgery, I had to lose 10 pounds, but I immediately starting seeing their nutritionists, who gave me my first set of nutritional guidelines for starters and it really helped a lot. Did they give you any guidance on where to set your calories, carbs, sugar, etc.?

You really want to start practicing CHEWING, eating more slowly and not drinking when you eat RIGHT NOW, because it can take a lot of time to get used to that!

Let me know if you need anything! You can do it!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!
    Sounds like you have a great incentive for losing what I assume is a fraction of your weight.
    MFP is a great resource and setting your 'goal' from your home page - you'll see a link so you can adjust it a bit if you want, will really help I'm sure.
    There are lots of challenges to be found too.

Hope you go back to amaze your surgeon soon. :smile: