Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,863 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Don't I appreciate your sympathy? Wasn't I originally supposed to leave at 8:35? Early this morning, didn't it get delayed to 9:17? Doesn't the board currently indicate a 9:47 departure? (But aren't we all still sitting in the gate area at 9:12, so, do you agree with me that the likelihood of that happening is slim?)
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,423 Member
    Options
    Will you miss any connections if your flight leaves then?
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Isn't one of the bright spots that this is a non-stop flight, so there aren't any connections to miss?
    ETA: Didn't I just get a text message from Delta that the flight is now delayed to 10:15? 😭
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Do they know they are delaying your in-flight nap? Do they even care???
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Is it Delta, the Caring Airline? 🤔
    Will you be surprised if I say, "No, no it is not."?
    cujttetgur70.jpg
    Notice I'm still in compliance?
    (Should I give my Avatar some highlights?)
  • Cat0703a
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Wouldn’t that give you something to do
    while you wait? 😂
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Well that didn't go as well as I thought it would, did it?
    z3qco307nf18.jpg
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Isn't it hard to ruin a crock pot roast? 🤣

If I say "challenge accepted" will you still eat my roast? Was my family very polite to say they enjoyed the flavor of my last roast, even though their jaws ached after from chewing overdone meat? Aren't I more a medium-rare kinda guy, not preferring the well-done roast we ended up with?
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Doesn't crockpot roast either have to be pulled early or left to go much longer to get to the 'fall apart' tender stage?
    (Wouldn't I rather eat your shoe leather pot roast than sit in this gate area for much longer?)
  • nossmf
    Options
    We've been doing a lot of crock pot meals of late...stew, pot roast, chili, garlic chicken thighs...any suggestions for new recipes we should try, keeping in mind my girls are picky eaters?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    We've been doing a lot of crock pot meals of late...stew, pot roast, chili, garlic chicken thighs...any suggestions for new recipes we should try, keeping in mind my girls are picky eaters?

Isn’t one of our family favourites pulled chicken for tacos, burritos, or Mexican salads? Doesn’t it just include boneless skinless chicken, taco seasoning and one small jar of salsa?
  • cmsienk
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Can't you also make pork loin or pork tenderloin in the crock pot, very similar to pot roast but with a slightly different flavor? Then can't you make pulled pork sandwiches or pork tacos with the leftovers?
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Didn't my son and I recently make incredible pork chops cooked in the crock pot with pineapple and a homemade teriyaki-type sauce?
    Did your flight ever take off? Was the in-flight nap good?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    If she doesn't answer does that mean she is on the plane and asleep now?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Or maybe at home eating pizza? 🤤
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Didn't my flight end up being delayed 2 hours? Wasn't my nap a short one and didn't I end up watching 5 episodes of Arrested Development? Do you know that it was snowing and slippery when I got back home and my drive home took nearly 3 hours?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Doesn’t that sound like a frustrating day??
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    Is now a good time to mention my travel time to work took only 10 minutes?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,218 Member
    Options
    Is now a good time to mention I don't work [anymore]? 🤔😂
    But since I have a fairly good memory, apart from my recent senior moments, aren't I able to empathize and sympathize? 🤗
  • nossmf
    Options
    @paperpudding you sound like my father, who simply cannot understand why I would accept a job which has an hour+ commute each way every day, but a responsible father has to go where the work is to put food on his family's table, don't you agree?