I dont understand

Options
Im getting so frustrated:grumble: with myself. Im dieting and working out and Im gaining weight. I dont understand what Im doing wrong:explode:

Replies

• sidneyrose
    Options
    Im getting so frustrated:grumble: with myself. Im dieting and working out and Im gaining weight. I dont understand what Im doing wrong:explode:
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    :heart: That has happened to me, too. I just keep exercising and eating as clean as I can each day. That means, for me, lean protein (fish, mostly) lots of veggies and whole grains with a little fruit. I have heard it time and time again that it is important to measure our bodies. Changes are happening, muscles are growing, waists are shrinking! Sometimes getting healthy is not only a numbers game! Keep posting and keep doing your great work. One of these days soon you shall look back and see the lbs. lost. Oooh, I almost forgot, drinking LOTS of water is helping! :heart:
  • athlete4christ
    Options
    If you just started working out again, then your gaining weight is going to be from putting on muscle. Muscle, as we know, weighs more than fat, and whenever you first start weight training again, you will see in increase of weight because muscle is replacing the fat tissue. Eventually, whenever you adapt to the weights, it will plateau and you will be fine.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Keep with the workouts and eating right. From all of the stuff I have read here and read elsewhere, sometimes when we first get started doing things the right way our bodies have a tendancy to add pounds instead of reduce them, but with constant and continuing great habits it will drop off and u will start seeing losses.....:flowerforyou:
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Are you taking your measurements?:explode: do your clothes fit better? these are things that may be changing but not showing on the scale:bigsmile: I know that this is what has been happening to me:blushing: So sing be happy and carry on eating and excercising:drinker: and blow the scale for awhile, sometimes it can be your worst enemy:devil:change your excercise routine a bit and don't worry, that can make it worse.
    Good Luck:flowerforyou: we will be watching for your progress.

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have forgotten how to fly"
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself, since I started eating healthier and exercising, do I see definition? Do I feel more energetic? How are my clothes fitting?

I had to step away from the scale and reevaluate the overall benefit my health-style changes were making in my life. I had decided that even if the scale wasn't moving, I was going to keep with it because I liked the other benefits. And lo and behold, two weeks later, the scale started moving, and has slowly, but continuously been moving since.

Sometimes it's hard to look at the big picture when all we see is this little tiny scale under our feet. But you're already successful in your willpower and strength to exercise and make healthier food choices. Don't give up. Change is and will continue to happen.
  • caranne
    caranne Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! A full month and I haven't lost an ounce...so frustrated after stepping on the scales after a full month to see no change in my weight, do remember that from day to day your weight can fluctuate a lot... also as someone else mentioned, muscle is heavier than fat so that might be the reason. Don't get disheartened, hide the scales for a while and concentrate on how you feel, how your clothes fit etc. Drinking plenty of water is really very important too, I have always drinking plain water difficult, now i just fill a jug in the morning, squeeze some lemon juice into it and keep drinking it all day. ( I leave it in plain sight on the work surface in my kitchen so I can't forget about it!)

Good luck with it, just persevere!