Surreal Moments in the Gym

Options
So I was in the gym for my typical weight training. A couple of the regulars were pretty much owning one of the bench press benches near a TV.

These are a couple of very large guys in their early fifties and have clearly been lifting for years. I have noticed previously that they are in no hurry when they are in the gym, but they do lift heavy. Clearly this is also social time for them.

This week I was lifting near them and I notice what they are watching in between sets. They have the Soap Opera channel on and are watching reruns of "The Young and the Restless".

I was in shock for the rest of my routine. I just put my headphones on and got back to work.

Soaps... At the Olympic Bench Press station... Oi Vey.

Replies

• BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    :D

That is awesome.

I kind of feel out of place at the gym sometimes, especially the weight benches when there is a bunch of strong dudes there.
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, some of my jock friends who lived nearby *always* went home on the lunch hour to watch their soap (&/or The Gong Show)! Could not believe it.
  • computerwizsheri
    Options
    Life is full of humor.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Bahahahaha
  • KitCatMcG
    KitCatMcG Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hahaha ... and my friends have been teasing me because what gets me to stick on the cross trainer is watching an episode of Voltron (80's cartoon)!!!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    lmbooo
  • Alycra
    Alycra Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Last week when I was having a moment of "do I work out or do I watch this episode of the Bachelor Pad on Hulu"

I compromised, I put the Bachelor Pad on while I worked out with Tony Horton :P