How to find time???

Options
Hi :smile:
I found this site a little while back and really like it so far. For once I am actually able to keep track on what I am eating... and actually eat healthier ( for the most part :blushing: ).
Now to my real problem ...
I get up fairly early, take care of the puppies, eat breakfast and get ready for work. I start my job at 7:30 am and take my lunch at different times. Sometimes at 12:00, sometimes not till 2:00 pm. I have a 2 hr lunch break, where I rush home, again take care of the puppies, fix myself a meal ( either heat up something from the previous night or cook somethng new). I try to make my lunch meal the heaviest meal of the day. Than I clean house a little bit ( well, clean up the dirty dishes, maybe start a load of laundry... ) and than its already time to go back to work till 5:30 pm ... if I get out in time. Now I get to go shopping if needed or home. Either way, there are dogs and cats to take care off, as well as a needy hubby. Again I cook and clean and eat and by the time I get all done I am sooo bummed out, I just wanna sit down, put my feet up for 5 minutes and go to bed:ohwell:
Somedays I feel good enough to run a bit on our treadmill or ride the recumbent bike ... but for the most part I am soo exhausted, I just don't feel like it. :ohwell:

Does anyone has any ideas on how I can get a bit more motivated and do a bit more exercise than what I am doing? So far I have lost 2 pounds ... but I feel stuck right there :indifferent: :grumble:

Any input be greatly appreciated!!!!:smile:

Replies

• Mausie
    Mausie Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi :smile:
    I found this site a little while back and really like it so far. For once I am actually able to keep track on what I am eating... and actually eat healthier ( for the most part :blushing: ).
    Now to my real problem ...
    I get up fairly early, take care of the puppies, eat breakfast and get ready for work. I start my job at 7:30 am and take my lunch at different times. Sometimes at 12:00, sometimes not till 2:00 pm. I have a 2 hr lunch break, where I rush home, again take care of the puppies, fix myself a meal ( either heat up something from the previous night or cook somethng new). I try to make my lunch meal the heaviest meal of the day. Than I clean house a little bit ( well, clean up the dirty dishes, maybe start a load of laundry... ) and than its already time to go back to work till 5:30 pm ... if I get out in time. Now I get to go shopping if needed or home. Either way, there are dogs and cats to take care off, as well as a needy hubby. Again I cook and clean and eat and by the time I get all done I am sooo bummed out, I just wanna sit down, put my feet up for 5 minutes and go to bed:ohwell:
    Somedays I feel good enough to run a bit on our treadmill or ride the recumbent bike ... but for the most part I am soo exhausted, I just don't feel like it. :ohwell:

Does anyone has any ideas on how I can get a bit more motivated and do a bit more exercise than what I am doing? So far I have lost 2 pounds ... but I feel stuck right there :indifferent: :grumble:

Any input be greatly appreciated!!!!:smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yur gonna have to make time perhaps getting up 30min early getting in a good cardio workout why not take puppy for a walk?

Also in the evening you may have to put in another 30min to an hr...you just gotta really buckle down with time ..ive had to give up my fav shows and a lot of other stuff..pre plan meals and cook ahead that usually gives an extra hr or so to the day. Good luck
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    My schedule is similar to yours - with only a 30 minute lunch & no puppies.:bigsmile:
    I've consolidated my after work errands to make workout time. I plan ahead - one day for errands/shopping/whatever, & the other days I hit the gym on the way home. On the shopping day, I still use the bike at home. Hubby also has loosened up his expected mealtime & we go for a walk/run almost every evening before dinner.
    When you're busy you have to plan ahead & make exercise a priority to make it work for you.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    if you can't do the exercise yet, i wouldn't stress out about it. just stay focused on staying in your calories with healthy choices. the calories are already set up with a deficit.
    maybe in a couple more weeks, try to add in 30 min somewhere. (maybe dh does dishes 2 nts a week while you walk??). i know it's not easy.
    but stay focused on one thing at a time. your food diary, your healthy eating choices, your cals. then add another and another, etc.
    just mho--
  • Mausie
    Mausie Posts: 38
    Options
    Thank you for all your inputs =) I greatly appreciate it!
    I prolly wont get up half an hour earlier, as my days are already very long, but sure like the meal planning idea =) Thank you, Myastyme!
    Also like the idea of designating one "errands-day" per week. which will work well with the scheduled meals =) Thank you, Georg!
    And also Thank you, Staceyw37, for yho! I needed that confidence booster, as well as to hear the fact that I can do a little at a time and expand my comfort zone slowly =)

Thank you again!!!

:happy:
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i have started to do use time watching tv working out...like 10 minute slots helps alot!

good luck xxx
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Trust me, I know how you feel with having to get up so early already, but I have to be to work at 7 am and get my 6 year old out of bed, dressed, fed, and off to daycare before getting to work each morning! I started getting up a 1/2 hr earlier to work out and it has made such a difference, I don't feel so worn out during the day. It sounds very unrealistic, but if you can do it even a couple days a week, you'll really feel a difference. Good luck to you!!