Snacks after 8pm

2»

Replies

• gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Lots of good suggestions. I have a few that weren't mentioned. I don't eat breakfast, so my calorie budget allows for later snacks. I am measuring everything with food scale.
    Besides veggies or low sugar fruits, I also like
    sugar free jello/pudding,
    unsweetened applesauce,
    cottage cheese w/fruit,
    cheese on a few triquits,
    Sliced apple w/peanut butter smeared on it
    Boiled egg
    Beef jerky
    Apple diced and microwaved in a cup with swerve, cinnamon, tspn water, 1/4 corn starch for 2 min
    Depends on your macro goals, but you can get creative with low carb baking ideas.

I tend to do better when I eat every 2-3 hrs, but less and stretch it over the day into the night.
  • adityak2016
    adityak2016 Posts: 3 Member
    I keep my dry fruits (almonds, raisins and walnut) for post dinner due to the same reason. This along with water works fine for me with night cravings. My only problem is during weekends when I go to sleep very late. Works fine during the weekdays.
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 190 Member
    FreeFor40 wrote: »
    Chug Water with lemon and don't eat.

Why?
  • 04alloydslloyd
    04alloydslloyd Posts: 1 Member
    I have a peppermint tea which does the trick.
  • BarryTone99
    BarryTone99 Posts: 9 Member
    My daily weight loss/gain is HUGELY affected by what I eat after supper. Although I am not a person that practices fasting, I do consider after supper as no-eat-time. I would suggest more protein for supper as the best way to combat evening hunger pangs. If I lose the willpower battle and have to have a snack, I like skinny-pop popcorn in the 100 calorie bags.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    My daily weight loss/gain is HUGELY affected by what I eat after supper. Although I am not a person that practices fasting, I do consider after supper as no-eat-time. I would suggest more protein for supper as the best way to combat evening hunger pangs. If I lose the willpower battle and have to have a snack, I like skinny-pop popcorn in the 100 calorie bags.

Daily weight loss or gain isn't fat...it's just normal fluctuations of water and waste. Fat loss or gain takes far longer than overnight.
  • Latrellis
    Latrellis Posts: 75 Member
    popcorn, NON prepkg'd type (5x the calories), (no oil or butter) spray with butter cooking spray/sprinkle w/cheddar cheese powder lightly
  • radosuaf
    radosuaf Posts: 10 Member
    Cottage cheese all the way.
  • JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 399 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Daily weight loss or gain isn't fat...it's just normal fluctuations of water and waste. Fat loss or gain takes far longer than overnight.

IF you are doing the right things then an increase is water and waste. At some point you would have to agree that daily loss IS weight loss. Chipping away .1 or .2 at a time

• IheartPGH
    IheartPGH Posts: 39 Member
    I don't think the time frame matters much. If you have the macros left to eat, then eat! However, if you're not getting enough sleep, that alone will screw up the fat loss. So make sure you're getting those zzzz's.
  • WandaBperfect
    WandaBperfect Posts: 2 Member
    I have struggled to get my calories in ever since I connected my fitbit. Since I get bonus calories every day for being active but can't predict exactly how many, I have been searching for the ideal evening snack. I usually find myself trying to fit in 100 cal. worth of carbs but have no sugar left. One day I needed protein but no fat. I was happy to discover that I can pop corn in the microwave with no fat at all. It has no sugar (which is unusual for a carb). I used to have cereal and skim milk in the evening if I have enough sugar coming and need protein as well as carbs. I think what works for me is actually tracking what I plan to eat and looking at the totals. If I don't like what I see I delete and try something else. Just keep a supply of possibile foods in your pantry and fridge so you can be flexible.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I try to just eat enough at dinner to keep me full. I am bad about snacking at night while watching TV so I'm trying to just.. not do that. Lately I've just been cutting myself off after dinner and dessert. If I'm actually hungry then yes I will eat something but usually I'm not. You could try having some tea or other no calorie/low calorie drink. Or just a small snack like a couple pieces of chocolate.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    If it's a boredom snacking-idle hands issue, then either find something to do in the evening (some people knit, etc - something you'll use your hands for if sitting around), or stock something very low calorie density like veggies to mindlessly munch on (like celery sticks, etc).
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Brushing your teeth after dinner can help with the late-night boredom eating. If you have a retainer, put it in too! :smile:
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    I was happy to discover that I can pop corn in the microwave with no fat at all.

I love that! I bought a cheap silicone microwave popper that is basically a big flexible bowl with a loose fitting lid, that needs absolutely no oil and you can use whatever kernels you want. Then you can use spices or flavor sprinkles after and even toss it in the bowl. So handy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!