HogHeaven3 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    or what?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I thought it was a good game. I love football...played it, coached it, love watching it and love the nuance and "chess match." I hate blowout games and enjoy close games and also as a defensive minded footballer, I don't need to see scores on every possession. If anything, I find no defense, high scoring games to be boring.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    I despise sports but I'm loyal to....

I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS ABOUT TO ANSWER A QUESTION ABOUT SPORTS!!!

I liked the Alexas commercial with Scarlet Johansson and Colin Jost.

That I saw online.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    The game was entertaining.

I'm one of the few people, apparently, who thinks the commercials are boring and over-hyped.
    I hate commercials...even ones I'm supposed to think are ever-so-clever just because they have a big budget. They try too hard.
  • boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I started it late so I was able to fast forward through all of the commercials and the halftime show until I caught up about midway through the third quarter. The game was alright. The commercials I did see were pathetic. There's too big of a deal about them to where they're way overproduced now.
  • SuzySunshine99
    Options
    I started it late so I was able to fast forward through all of the commercials and the halftime show until I caught up about midway through the third quarter. The game was alright. The commercials I did see were pathetic. There's too big of a deal about them to where they're way overproduced now.

We were also watching it on a delay, but the people I was with wouldn't let me fast forward through the commercials or halftime. They were SO into every ad, laughing at every one, and exclaiming things like, "OH MY GOSH, LOOK, TOMMY LEE JONES!!!" It was brutal.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Just bring on the puppies. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    So disappointed in the majority of commercials. Where's Pepsi, Coke, and other everyday products? Almost all seemed wrapped around crypto and electric cars. There was only a couple I laughed at. NBC needs to select better commercials for entertainment and not just money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    I think we were spoiled with the greatest postseason in many many years. Most games came down to the wire, some in overtime. Then came the championship which I thought was quite boring.

Let me also old man complain for a second. They had a USAF heritage flyover that was shown for a really short time on TV. Could have been longer.
  • SuzySunshine99
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    So disappointed in the majority of commercials. Where's Pepsi, Coke, and other everyday products? Almost all seemed wrapped around crypto and electric cars. There was only a couple I laughed at. NBC needs to select better commercials for entertainment and not just money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

With the high price tag of both the time slot and the expected production cost, I don't think it's worth it for companies like Coke and Pepsi to participate anymore.

You buy a Super Bowl ad slot for one of two reasons....either you need name recognition for a relatively unknown company (i.e. crypto), or you have a new product to showcase (i.e. electric cars). A company like Coca-Cola doesn't need/have either.

TV networks/the NFL just sell the ad space...they're not going to vet the ads for their entertainment value.

It's quite the feat that the NFL/networks/advertisers have accomplished. Decades ago, they pondered a problem...How do we get people to pay attention to our ads instead of using the breaks to go to the bathroom, grab a beer, refresh the chip bowl, or chat with the person next to you? And how do we get people who are not football fans to tune in to the game?

They made it known that they were upping the price of an ad slot. Companies started hyping and teasing their ads ahead of "The Big Game". They played up their rivalries with their competitors. They made sure the ads got media coverage, with national news stories and newspaper articles rating the "best and worst" of the ads.

They convinced everyone that the commercials were as worthy of watching as the game itself. So, everyone diligently watched intently, laughing when they knew they should laugh, and being touched by the heartfelt moments.

This year, it seems to have devolved into a competition for who can pay A-List celebrities the most money to shill their products. I don't think that shows a lot of creativity.
  • KandieCarmella
    KandieCarmella Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Tbh I didn’t care for the game…. The halftime show was nostalgic though