Always Hungry Help!

Options
Femmigirlz
Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
edited February 2022 in Motivation and Support
I have metabolic syndrome, Leptin Resistance and Diabetes.

I’m always hungry!! Very hungry.

No matter how much hot tea or water I drink it doesn’t help.

Protein at every meal. Still hungry.

Getting enough calories according to MFP. Im 5’3 and weigh 337.8 pounds and age 58. Sedentary due to multiple disabilities, Daily chronic pain. MFP has my calories set at 2100 to Lose 1 pound a week.

I try to keep my mind off it but my hunger pains and sometimes dizziness makes me feel like I need to want more. If I eat more then I don’t lose weight.

Im disabled. Im basically bed abs couch bound but can do some sitting exercises.

It’s genuine hunger. I know the difference between head or emotional hunger and real hunger.

I eat vegetables daily to bulk up the volume. I eat plenty of Fiber and healthy fats.

Anyone else always hungry or hungry after an hour after the last meal?

What else can I do? I had a Doctor put me on Metformin due to diabetes. It made me sick so I had to stop tanking it. A weight loss Dr gave me appetite suppressant pills and they gave me very bad tachycardia so I couldn’t take those either.

I get in protein first thing in the morning at least 20 grams. Our bodies can’t take much protein at one time. It will only process 20-30 grams at a time. The rest just gets peed out.

So what’s a woman to do? Any positive and kind suggestions?

Replies

• Skyler103
    Skyler103 Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    This was happening to me after I quit smoking last year. Really, an hour after eating a good sized meal I'd be hungry again and snacking. My husband, who usually never says a word about what I eat asked me how I could be eating again. I realized that when I smoked, I'd always go outside. I never did after I quit. As a matter of fact, I would avoid sitting outside at all because it made me want a cigarette. I'd been told by my Dr that I had a bit of vit D deficiency even before I quit and to supplement but I didn't. It took a few weeks of supplements to start feeling a bit normal again.

Look up how vitamin D deficiency affects hunger signals. You have a serious set of other problems, so this may have nothing to do why you're hungry, but you should get your Dr to run your levels. If you are low, it could help. Vitamin D 3 is a fat soluble vitamin, so it's best absorbed if taken with a meal that has a bit of fat. Also, you can get too much so please discuss with your Dr before taking.
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Thank you for posting and I’m sorry that you had to go through that too. Last time I had a cigarette was about 10 years ago and I’m so glad I quit.

I take a vitamin D3 supplement every single day so it’s not my D3. I’ve had my levels checked and they are just where they’re supposed to be. 😁. Thank you for trying to help and I guess it’s something I will bring up to my doctor next time I see him and maybe he will have to run some kind of test to see what could be causing this.
  • dragengofit
    dragengofit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Femmigirlz wrote: »
    I have metabolic syndrome, Leptin Resistance and Diabetes.

I’m always hungry!! Very hungry.

(...)

So what’s a woman to do? Any positive and kind suggestions?

Sorry to hear you are struggling. With issues you describe, I wouldn't feel right offering too much advise, as experimenting too much may upset any of those conditions. I'm happy to offer support, though.

BTW, even if there's a limit as to how much protein can be absorbed at one given time, for me personally, I still find that a high protein diet prevents me from feeling too hungry. If you haven't already, perhaps you could ask your Doc to refer you to a nutritionist that could help with your individual needs and challenges?
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Hey you said you have leptin resistance and that causes hunger issues. If your leptin is low then your ghrelin is high which is why you are so hungry. Also the 20-30g of protein per sitting is a myth! Plenty of people eat 40-50g of protein per meal and are perfectly fine. You keep saying your protein, fibre and fats are fine but you haven’t given any numbers. Could you please tell us how much you are eating per day in grams. Personally if I ate 110g of protein throughout the day I’m not hungry but if I dropped it down to 60-70g per day and increased my carbs I start to feel hungry. It’s definitely a macros thing. You have to keep GHRELIN (the hunger hormone) down if you really want to fix your hunger.
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    For some reason I’m not able to reply to each one of your messages I’m only able to create a reply here. Odd.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Femmigirlz wrote: »
    For some reason I’m not able to reply to each one of your messages I’m only able to create a reply here. Odd.

There is no reply button. But there is a quote button underneath each post, which will allow you to reply to specific messages.
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Some of the injectables they have for type 2 can be helpful.