new and need help!

Options
Hey everyone. Im new to this and need a lot of support to keep going and motivated. I have over 100 lbs to loose. I've gained 40 lbs in the last two years and am reaching a weight that scares me. If anyone thinks they could give me a hand. Any advice, recipes, support or anything id gladly like to add you as a friend!

Replies

• RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi! Well you came to the right place for support! There are lots of people on here with 100+ lbs to lose and you can use the search function to find them. I am trying to lose close to 70 lbs and understand how hard the beginning can be - sending you a friend request now:)
  • MaryRarick
    MaryRarick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'll echo what Ruth said: you've come to the right place, Amanda. Feel free to friend me. :)
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome to MFP you will do great here!! feel free to add me as a friend I try to motivate all that are on my friends lists!
  • lionsaults
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your goal. (:
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You have found the right place to be. I have tried everything and this is working for me. I think the key is to try and plan ahead the best your can and have what you need in your home. It also helps me to add my food before I eat it so I can see what the calories, etc are. If it puts me over or more calories than I want to give up knowing I have to have my snack calories, I delete it and put something else. For example, I really wanted a porter house steak the other night. I entered it with a baked potato. I had to drop the potato and go for string beans. Without the info this site offers, I would have eaten the potato and gone over on my calories.