My rear end

Options
My butt, even as a skinny chick, has always been very FLAT. :sad: Currently, it is W-I-D-E and flat, but still flat. As I lose weight, I'd love to get a nice, curvy and shapely rear end. I'm talking, the closer to Kim Kardassshian, the better (withoug surgery, of course).

Anybody have any tips on how to get some junk into my trunk?

Replies

• ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    My butt, even as a skinny chick, has always been very FLAT. :sad: Currently, it is W-I-D-E and flat, but still flat. As I lose weight, I'd love to get a nice, curvy and shapely rear end. I'm talking, the closer to Kim Kardassshian, the better (withoug surgery, of course).

Anybody have any tips on how to get some junk into my trunk?
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    There aren't any tips to bless you with a booty if you never had one in general- Sorry but continue to lose weights and tone your booty-
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well, I do know ppl who have given themselves a more rounded version by doing lots of squats! I do think you have to have a bit of heredity in there, butt (pun intended!) squats will def change the shape of your behind!
  • Kirsten2577
    Kirsten2577 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree with the lady above. Lots of squats and lunges are good too. Best of luck
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I think jogging is good for butt toning too isn't it? But I must say, it's never gonna be a "round booty" it may help to plump up your muscles a bit though making it appear fuller. Unfortunately the shape we get is not up to us. If it were I would definitely have different thighs :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • bitty_401
    bitty_401 Posts: 75
    Options
    I agreed with all these comments.Yes, that help but you have to add mass or volume so the crunches or squats will work.So eat dark chocolate.They say that whatever the chocolate(dark non sweetened) has goes to your rear.And I'm a good example of it.I was really flat.and thanks all to that dark chocolate I'm not fat anymore but becareful too much will ruin it.
    So take it easy.I used to it one whole big bar of German dark chocolate every night.
    So hope this will help you out.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I have a flat butt too!! I hate it ... my husband pretends he adores it :wink:

Lunges, squats, walk/jog/run uphill ... they'll all build your butt muscles (and your legs will look great, too!!) And supposedly they make your butt nicer. I've seen a slight improvement ... at least SOMETHING is back there now ...
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    I'll share mine with you!! Even when I was skinny, I always had lots of "junk in my trunk" I always had to go up a size in jeans just so they would fit my butt comfortably. My husband said he's fine with me losing weight but that if I lose all of my butt, he's divorcing me lol.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'll share mine with you!! Even when I was skinny, I always had lots of "junk in my trunk" I always had to go up a size in jeans just so they would fit my butt comfortably. My husband said he's fine with me losing weight but that if I lose all of my butt, he's divorcing me lol.

:laugh: Ditto!

Trust me, big booties - not all they are cracked up to be. Pants never fit right in the waist if you size for your booty!

That being said - all previous exercises will help to tone the area and provide 'lift.' Short of that... theres always butt implants. :bigsmile: :wink:

**There are also padded pants/speacial undergarments that give you a fuller booty. :flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    Options

:laugh: Ditto!

Trust me, big booties - not all they are cracked up to be. Pants never fit right in the waist if you size for your booty!

That being said - all previous exercises will help to tone the area and provide 'lift.' Short of that... theres always butt implants. :bigsmile: :wink:

**There are also padded pants/speacial undergarments that give you a fuller booty. :flowerforyou:

2nd that- I want mine to go down smaller (that won't happen) even at my fittest I had a badonkadonk- I hate shopping for pants-

My husband is a def Boot man and he tracks my weight loss by keepin an eye out that my butt isn't going anywhere- He even measures it- I was blessed to have a nice butt (per men lol and some women) it isn't wide,too low, or too high- it is round and bootilicious My kids even make comments- Its hereditary- My 7 year old daughter and my 4 yr old have booties and they are very small framed children so it shows alot the Husband doesn't like that part of my bootie jean lol- He said his hands are going to be full when the kids get older-- lmao
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Ohh all you round bottomed girls are so lucky! :smile:

I suppose the grrr.*kitten* is always better looking on someone else's side....

So I will definitely be doing squats and apparently lunges? Ughh lunges are the devil. :devil: But I'll do whatever. I remember a group of... shall I say not-so-polite young men were *ahem* looking for my attention back when I was in high school, and I was ignoring them on my way in, but when they watched me go in, their story changed to how I have no rear end.....

It was an odd mixture of feeling indignant at having them hoot and holler at me, and insulted that they hated my butt...

Anyway, really? Dark chocolate makes your butt big? Hmm that's something to think about. Dark chocolate is actually my FAVORITE kind of chocolate. And it's good for your heart! :smile: Maybe I'll indulge just to test your theory. Do you have the article where you can show me? I'm really interested to see some evidence that it makes your butt big... well, other than a big butt. :wink:

Oh woe is me to have been given the pancake butt. ::sigh::
  • Love_Conquers_All
    Options
    Girl, you're welcome to have some of the junk in my trunk. :wink:
    I'd like some too please!:blushing: :laugh:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    So I will definitely be doing squats and apparently lunges? Ughh lunges are the devil. :devil: But I'll do whatever. I remember a group of... shall I say not-so-polite young men were *ahem* looking for my attention back when I was in high school, and I was ignoring them on my way in, but when they watched me go in, their story changed to how I have no rear end.....

It had nothing to do with your butt. They were just offended that you ignored then and lashed out at anything they could. If you'd had a big butt, they would have commented on that and made you self conscious about it. Don't listen to the jerkazoids - all that matters is that YOU like it. Everybody has something they don't like (I have lots of somethings) and unfortunately we all seem to think that the things we don't like are the things that are most important! :laugh:
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Ohh all you round bottomed girls are so lucky! :smile:

I suppose the grrr.*kitten* is always better looking on someone else's side....

It was an odd mixture of feeling indignant at having them hoot and holler at me, and insulted that they hated my butt...

Anyway, really? Dark chocolate makes your butt big? Hmm that's something to think about. Dark chocolate is actually my FAVORITE kind of chocolate. And it's good for your heart! :smile: Maybe I'll indulge just to test your theory. Do you have the article where you can show me? I'm really interested to see some evidence that it makes your butt big... well, other than a big butt. :wink:

Oh woe is me to have been given the pancake butt. ::sigh::

Don't worry about the attention of guys- Also you have to remember not all men are *kitten* men- and a man will find something wrong with anyone--

As for dark chocolate making your butt big when I read that I just thought Chocolate is going to make your butt big just not in the good way- Just work with what you got and be proud of it I wouldn't even stress- People always wants something they don't have- if your hair is curly you want it straight and vice versus- Dont sweat the small stuff just focus on loosing your weight--
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    if you don't have much of a bootie focus on making your legs smoking- My friend has a flat butt and she focus alot on her legs not just quads but her hamstrings too-- also shop for pants/jeans that can give the illusion that you have some junk in the trunk--
  • KelseyCena
    Options
    u should try thoes boot camp videos that work on ur butt area
    Squats r always fun!
    try it!!!:smile: it may help
  • sassekel
    sassekel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain about pancake butt syndrome! me too, when I was a teenager everybody made fun of me because as they put it, I have no counterbalance and I would likely tip over (in case nobody guessed I have a big rack:blushing: )

I used to to stairmaster (cardio) and also a move with hand weights where you step up on a box and then raise knee up. (opposite of leg you stepped up with) not sure what that exercise is called but they both helped shape pancake butt.
    goodluck:flowerforyou:
  • Erin_LeBlanc
    Options
    you can have some of mine.
    Pants don't fit me right because of my booty. and I look weird in work on clothes (big butt and big hips and little stick legs).
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    <---- no butt here

sigh...:ohwell:

so, about, oh 8+ years ago 2 friends and i were walking down the street in the area of town where all the bars, clubs, restaurants are. its a very nighlife kind of scene and there is always something crazy going on (least there was back then, who knows now!). there was a man sitting on his harley just chillin with a buddy. when girls walked by he handed them a business card. the card said 'the *kitten* man' on it and had a 1-10 rating system on the bottom. when he handed the card to you, it had the rating on it. both of my friends were rated 10 (being the best). i looked at my card and it said 8. EIGHT! i said, wait a second, an 8!! what gives! he changed it to a 10 for my 'spunk'. :noway: