How do you prevent your stomach from growling/How do you cur

Options
Sure i can use google but i'd rather hear it from people who've actually experienced it.
Always in class, my stomach growls and its the most embarrassing thing. Drinking water doesnt help much.
How can i make it stop?
Also, what do you do to curb appetite? whenever i eat when i feel hungry, i just keep eating and eating and cant seem to stop. it'd be pretty helpful if i knew how to curb appetite.
Someone help please and thank you in advance~

Replies

• BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna come out and say this... You look really, really tiny in your pic. Could it be that you're not eating enough?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Food prevents mine from growling. Have a banana.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    At your size, you should only have your weight loss set to .5lbs/week.
    Eat your allotted calories, plus at least 1/2 your exercise calories.
    Plan out three meals a day plus two snacks to meet your calorie goal. That should prevent any hunger between meals and the desire to keep eating once you start. If you are eating significantly under your calories, then you're going to be hungry - just the way it is - because your body IS hungry.

My opinion - you shouldn't be losing any weight at your size, but if you're going to try, please at least be sensible about the nutrition you are getting.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My opinion - you shouldn't be losing any weight at your size, but if you're going to try, please at least be sensible about the nutrition you are getting.
    Just my opinion also, but I agree. That 3 lb swing you mention in your profile is water and/or the weight of the food you've eaten.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    don't listen to your dad. have some food. that will stop your stomach growling.
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion also, but I agree. That 3 lb swing you mention in your profile is water and/or the weight of the food you've eaten.

Agreed!
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Mine does this too sometimes, but it's definitely because I'm HUNGRY. Bring a snack to class. But, that's probably not the answer you were looking for. Shucks.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options

Agreed!

I fourth this. You do not need to lose weight and please make sure you eat enough even if you don't follow that advice!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options

Agreed!

I fourth this. You do not need to lose weight and please make sure you eat enough even if you don't follow that advice!
  • Fredrigo
    Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I would like to punch your father.

Considering your size I would focus on exercise and good nutrition to adjust your shape if you don't like something about your body. Just shedding weight will not make you healthy.
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should make your food diary public so people can see what you've been eating and offer some suggestions? Different foods, especially in the morning, will keep you satisfied for longer. That way, you don't have to eat more..just differently. And of course, there is the chance that you're just not eating enough to start with and should be eating more.
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I would like to punch your father.

Considering your size I would focus on exercise and good nutrition to adjust your shape if you don't like something about your body. Just shedding weight will not make you healthy.

And I completely agree with this.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I eat a high protein diet and am never hungry between meals. Problem solved. Take a look at your goals page and turn your protein up to at least 30%!
  • abouthealth56
    abouthealth56 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I'm not sure you need to be losing any weight. I agree with the person who said you need to be focused on eating healthy, nutritious foods: vegetables, salads, fruits, lean protein, a little healthy fat like avacado, extra virgin olive oil, nuts & seeds. How much do you know about nutrition? There are a few red flags from what you posted: your dad saying you're fat, which is absurd, you obviously letting yourself get so hungry that your stomach is growling, you saying that you don't have any friends in your town, and the fact that you're trying to lose 11 lbs. when you're already very slender.
    At your age, it's extremely important to take care of yourself and eat well, in order to prevent any future health problems. You have your whole life ahead of you. Just eat healthy, get sunshine and some exercise, and do things you enjoy that are good for you, too! You deserve to have a happy, fulfilled life.:flowerforyou: You're a lovely young lady! Be kind to yourself, and I wish you the best!
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Erm - eat basically!

Your stomach "growling" is actually the acid in your stomach and it is a signal you are genuinely hungry and shouldn't be ignored! If it happens between meals there are plenty of healthy or low calorie snacks that will keep you going for a couple more hours.
  • ipwncakez
    Options
    i want to thank each and every one of you
    You're all really sweet
    and i cant believe you actually took the time to go to my profile and such
    you're right, theres something wrong with me
    maybe i'll start being nicer to myself >w<
  • Fredrigo
    Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    And you're still welcome to hang out here for fitness tips and support. The sight is predominantly weight loss oriented because obesity is epidemic but whether you thought you had to gain or lose when you came here the hardest part is maintaining a long life of healthy choices.