Running friends?

Replies

• teross1
    teross1 Posts: 4 Member
    Add me
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    atrgemini wrote: »
    I was telling Jill last week, I'm like 90% set on attempting my first half-marathon on March 5th/6th. I haven't committed yet because I want to see how my last long run next week goes. I struggled a bit last week after completing an 11.5 mile session on Monday - legs wouldn't work right, and by Friday I could barely even make them move.

Go for it!! First half marathon is a great experience.

I'm sure you will smash it :)
  • bccoast
    bccoast Posts: 6 Member
    marikaCL wrote: »
    Hi. Fellow runner over here 🙂

Been running for a few years and love challenges so have some ultras/marathons and a ten in ten under my belt.

I'm not super fast or anything, just a stubborn idiot 🙂

Always happy to have new running friends if you wanted to add me

Awesome!
    What's a ten in ten?
  • gutzbgon
    gutzbgon Posts: 57 Member
    @itsjillyjill Feel free to add me, I try to run 5 times per week.
  • crock2016
    crock2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Great positive community post. I love all the supportive runners on this thread. Feel free to add me. I run three to four times a week (one long run, one interval/fartlek or hills, and one to two base/recovery runs). Supplemented with one to two strength sessions per week and I try to squeeze in yoga for flexibility and strength twice a week. Positive encouragement would be amazing and I am happy to reciprocate as well. Goal for a 1/2 this fall, done a few. Possibly a first marathon or 50k next spring. Happy running!
  • marikaCL
    bccoast wrote: »
    marikaCL wrote: »
    Hi. Fellow runner over here 🙂

Been running for a few years and love challenges so have some ultras/marathons and a ten in ten under my belt.

I'm not super fast or anything, just a stubborn idiot 🙂

Always happy to have new running friends if you wanted to add me

Awesome!
    What's a ten in ten?

Thank you :)

A ten in ten is 10 events in 10 days. I did a half marathon every day :)
  • marikaCL
    crock2016 wrote: »
    Great positive community post. I love all the supportive runners on this thread. Feel free to add me. I run three to four times a week (one long run, one interval/fartlek or hills, and one to two base/recovery runs). Supplemented with one to two strength sessions per week and I try to squeeze in yoga for flexibility and strength twice a week. Positive encouragement would be amazing and I am happy to reciprocate as well. Goal for a 1/2 this fall, done a few. Possibly a first marathon or 50k next spring. Happy running!

Oooh a first marathon is so exciting and a 50k. A fab goal :)

Best of luck
  • atrgemini
    atrgemini Posts: 50 Member
    @marikaCL that sounds insane lol, I don't know where you got the inner strength from to do that. I do a 5 mile hike with 2000 elevation gain and my legs are shot for days after lol
  • marikaCL
    atrgemini wrote: »
    @marikaCL that sounds insane lol, I don't know where you got the inner strength from to do that. I do a 5 mile hike with 2000 elevation gain and my legs are shot for days after lol

Neither do I tbh. There was lots of rude words involved lol

I just forced myself to just keep moving until it was done, not matter how much I wanted to stop
  • atrgemini
    I meant to stop by to tell this group that I did my first 5k race at the beginning of April with my doggo (she got doggy 1st place, I got 3rd). It was a lot of fun! I'm nervous because I'm doing my first half-marathon on Sunday and I'm recovering from a weird bronchitis thing. Anyway, the cut-off time in 3.5 hours and thus far my longest endurance run was 12.8 miles in 3 hours and 14 minutes (about half running, a little over) so it's going to be close.

Just another step in my one year transformation journey! Love you all for the inspo. Here's a photo of me and my babe after we crossed the line at the 5k lol

ze566aa5847h.png
  • shazmorgan
    shazmorgan Posts: 34 Member
    Hi,
    Are any of you still running?
    I've only just started and I'm loving it. I'm based in Australia, so it is Winter here. Which I find has made it a little easier for me to get into a routine.
    At the moment I'm only doing 20mins, 5 days a week.
    Would love to connect with other runners, to keep me motivated.
  • atrgemini
    Everyone here is pretty active - just add the friends in this group :)
  • atrgemini
    I finished my first half-marathon! 2:19:55! An hour better than my training times lol.

60 more days to train for a marathon.
  • misssixtea
    misssixtea Posts: 35 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hi runners! I’m a runner and cyclist, just coming out of 10 weeks enforced no running due to knee injury. Steroid injection scheduled for knee on Weds so hoping to pick up again slowly.

I’m an old MFP-er but this is a new profile for me. Consequently v happy to pick up new running buddies for mutual support and encouragement!

Feel free to add me..

Claire
  • atrgemini
    Hi and welcome to our group!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I like to run and would like to do it more. I used to run 3 miles 2x/wk and a longer 6ish on Sunday. I'm down to 1 shorter and 1 longer run per week. It's hot and humid and I also strength train at the gym 2 days. I tried running my long run(7 miles) last Sunday and then 3 Monday and my knees were complaining and I was just sore all over. 2 running days a week is just not the best for improvement I guess. I did just get new shoes, Saucony Kinvara, and they seemed pretty good for my long run(7.5miles) yesterday.
  • sharpiejas
    sharpiejas Posts: 20 Member
    Afternoon all,

Started running and tracking food again after an injury and putting weight back on. Would live some other runners on my friends list for further motivation.

6 weeks in and I am well on my way. Just completed the London 10k today. Great to be back at a big event following all the virtual events in the last two years.

45 years old and looking to lose another stone and a half, running at least 3 times a week when the knee injuries do not flare up.
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    I run 3-4 days a week, normally 2-3 shorter 3-4 miles runs on my lunch break during the week and one long run on the weekends. Last Sunday I did 10 miles.
    Im debating doing a half marathon at the end of the month, I have done several others but haven't decided for sure if Im going to do this one.
  • atrgemini
    edited May 2022
    Nice! Welcome all. Good to have people getting back in.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I just did another 7miles today. I have new Saucony Kinvaras that I'm liking better than my previous Brooks Revel.