Struggling with Motivation lately

Options
I have been under a lot of stress and have had no motivation to work out nor eat healthy and I don't want to go down this track any longer it's effecting how I feel and etc.

Replies

• erikabecht
    erikabecht Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling the same way. Hang in there, it gets better!
  • kscarlett24
    kscarlett24 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I feel the same. I just have no motivation to work out or eat better. Today I did grocery shop and did some meal prep. Which I haven’t don’t in so long. That felt good. I’m trying to just reset and say it’s a day at a time. Tomorrow is a new day. Hang in there.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    One approach is to cut yourself some slack and address the stress. Is it a deadline or work thing you have to produce? Is it a relationship thing that will take a little extra energy to bring to a better place?

Taking steps to eliminate the stress source (vs avoiding which I can be prone to do) is usually the most productive use of effort for me and almost always makes me feel better. Even if it is a tiny step. Gentle cardio is my best stress reliever no matter the source. Can you adjust your diet/exercise expectations for yourself to make it easier? Can you reframe easy exercise and healthy eating as self care you need right now to get through the stressful situation (vs more to-do’s on your list)?