Forever 21

Options
I need a little help. My best friend is getting married next August and I am in her wedding. She called me today and told me that she has decided to go with a cheap dress so that everyone can afford it. It is from Forever 21. It is very pretty but I am worried about the size. They only go up to a Large. Obviously I hope to be at my goal weight by then because it is 11 months away. I haven't fit in Forever 21 clothes in awhile and I was just wondering if any of you do wear their clothes, specifically dresses, what are your stats. I am 5'10 and I want to know what weight i NEED to be at to fit into this dress!!!! Any help is appreciated

Replies

• kassied09
    Options
    I am not sure if this will help but I am 5' 3'' and weigh 157 and I can fit into the large.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I don't shop there but I know that the dresses are reaaalllyy short, so being 5'10'' you might have a hard time finding something, unless you wore tights/leggings. I also know they have a plus size section.
  • leilani♥
    Options
    Try:

Mybodygallery.com
  • KitsuneSakakino
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 185 and I can usually wear their large, can you post the dress? There might be a similar dress from a different store that might work better
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Love forever 21...but I only have experience with their plus size department.
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=dress&ProductID=2081258171&VariantID=

here is a link to the dress... the website was down earlier but it might work.
  • pippifax
    Options
    In my experience, Forever 21 is VERY, VERY inconsistent with their sizing. I used to work across the way from one of their stores and my friends and I would stop in all the time... and I would say not to trust the size chart on their website at all. If you can, get in to the store and try the dress on, or if ordering online, get it early enough so that you can exchange it if the size is wrong. When I was about 180 lbs, I actually bought anything from small to large size there, and then sometimes even the large wasn't big enough. It's a crapshoot!

Hopefully you'll be at your goal weight by then, but even if you aren't, you never know, you might be buying a small! Good luck! :)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I truly despise when a bride doesnt take into account everyones different body type and size. Anywho the forever21 website always hates my comp. The style of the dress is very similar to alot of bridesmaids dresses so personally I would see if it comes in a size that fits you NOW and buy Maybe one size smaller, rule of thumb is that its easier to take a dress in then let it out, there are guidelines for bridesmaids dresses but since this is a retail (non-wedding) store I would say the max you could take it in is two sizes and letting it out would be impossible
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    That's really cute. Maybe you can ask your friend if the dress would be easy to have tailored to fit you if you can't fit into the large. I know it's kind of an awkward conversation, but I'm sure she would rather have everyone wear the same dress than for you to let her know at the last minute that you can't squeeze into the dress. :)

I am also 5'10", I'm 188 right now and I would definitely have to shop in the plus size department. I think at 150 I would probably be able to fit the dress at a L if it were altered to compensate for my massive jugs.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i usually wear a large in their fitted dresses im 36-30-34 i might be able to fit into a medium i haven't tried recently i do know i fit the large tho i own a large fitted dress from them
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    It says on the site the model is 5'9 and wears a small.. and the smalls measurements are a 29 inch chest and 26 inch waist.

I'd say that you would prob. be able to fit into the large, but I'd go to a store and see if they have it and try it on.. The dress was pretty short on that model, so you want to be sure.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Try:

Mybodygallery.com

They need this site for guys. The only problem is guys can be the same weight, but totally different muscle build
  • allehp
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and a little under 140 and I fit snuggly into a medium and comfortably into a large...then again I've got big shoulders and boobs haha. Good luck girly!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Oh man. I'm 5'9" and yeah, I think the only thing I've purchased there was a shirt. Their dresses are super short!
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That's a tough question. They have a plus size section, and the sizes might go up higher if you can find it on the website. HOnestly, I would address your concerns with the bride.....It's her responsibility to find a dress that looks good on everyone. She wants everyone to look good in her wedding right??? I just told my bridesmaids to stick with a specific color instead of picking out their dress for them, cause I know everyone likes different styles, cuts, lengths etc.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 185 and I can usually wear their large, can you post the dress? There might be a similar dress from a different store that might work better

wait 1 second their jess........um......i weigh less than you????????????? how in the &#*$ did that happen????????
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    They have a plus size section and some of the dresses are still the same, only cut a little differently.