What is your NSV, mine is...

Options
I think people have Non Scale Victories everyday, if they look for them. My hubby and I have been on the weight loss trail all summer . I just realized today that we didn't go to Dairy Queen all summer and we used to be their best customers! Maybe that's one reason why between us we have lost 100 pounds.:happy: :happy:

Replies

• ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    thats awesum :D
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good job:-)

Mine is fitting into size 12 clothes (top and bottoms) when I was previously a size 14:-)
  • hjacenko
    hjacenko Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mine was my hubby squeezing my hip bone this morning and he said " you feel skinny" and my friend I haven't seen in a long time said I look good.
  • smkey
    smkey Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT! I realized the same thing the other day!
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My husband is constantly telling me that my legs are getting really toned!! I am loving it!! ( He is a leg man. :wink: ) That, and as recent as the beginning of July, I seriously looked 8 months pregnant!! I just wore sweats because I REFUSED to buy bigger pants!! I am back in to my pants and although a bit snug, I am in them durnit!! :bigsmile:
  • Just1Drew
    Options
    My husband told me he could tell my waist is smaller. I didn't realize it until he mentioned it...my pants have been getting loose. I've lost 5 inches! =)
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    well done on avoiding Dairyqueen, thats awesome. We don't have that in New Zealand but I presume its an ice cream / milkshake shop.

Jennifernellwebb - I looked pregnant in july too, and my son was 16 months old lol.
    fromstart-1-1.jpg
  • iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i ran 20 mins without stopping yesterday!!!
  • eggmcg
    Options
    I've got my cholesterol down to 3.8, the uk national target is below 5.0 and the average for the town i live in is 7.0!!

Well done to everyone else, especially bri_and_oli_mum - those photo comparisons are fantastic!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV's!
    Mine is that yesterday I grabbed a towel on getting out of the shower.. it was a standard UK bath towel.. and it went around me with room to spare! :blushing: I normally use a bath 'sheet' which is a lot bigger and if I had to use a standard towel then I'd have to put up with it not doing up or doing up with a gap as it went past my hips / belly. :blushing:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    My pants have been getting loose as well, I need to take some work pants in to the tailor soon and have them taken in!
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Mine is my body feels better and my aches and pains from my arthritis are not so hard to bear,but the funniest is my pants wont stay up when I try to excercise at home Ive had to tie them up so they dont fall round my ankles not a pretty site at my age:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    great NSV! :D My latest is being able to hold the plank position for 1 minute. A month ago, I was barely able to hold it for 10 seconds!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612
    Options
    I love reading these in a thread...because I probably wouldn't start my own thread for mine. Great job everyone!

Here are a few NSVs I've noticed in the past few days (while I've been stuck at my current weight):

1. My waist is one inch smaller!
    2. I bought 34" bras instead of 36"
    3. My running shorts are baggy instead of snug and I have to tie the little ties when I run or my key and ipod will drag them down
    4. And the one I noticed this morning...I am losing my butt shelf...even when I sit! Woo hoo!
  • jpatter21
    jpatter21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mine was when I was on vacation I realized that I could take out the Bra extender I was using and wear my 34" bra comfortably again!! I've been using that darn extender since I was pregnant...and my daughter is now 14 months old. So glad that it's gone :) Small NSV but it made me happy.
  • rockchick90
    Options
    I bought some denim shorts and red skinny jeans a few week ago and they were a bit snug and now I have to keep pulling them up! need a belt haha
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I stood up to cheer a goal at the game last night, raised my arms up in celebration and realized that I felt thinner (plus the people on either side of me were no longer in danger of being whacked in the head by my formerly super-sized upper arms, lol.) The stadium seat actually had some extra room, too. And this is with only 13 lbs down or 7% of my former weight! Yay us!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    down a clothes size! and can fit into my old bras!!! woo hoo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!