Hit 40 and want my 30 year old body back

Options
Hello all, my first post here...a little uncertain. Have used this website for a while but have never used the message boards. Really looking for some help:blushing:

Had my 4th child 2 months ago...own my own business - have for 5 years...just turned 40...having a really hard time getting motivated to lose the last 20 lbs. of pregnancy weight. AND, having trouble getting back into shape:sad: .

I am very active (no formal exercise) I hardly ever sit down (who can with 4 kids and a full time business, a herd of horses, and being a member on 2 very intense boards). Actually, writing this is the longest I've sat down in quite a while.

Used to be very trim and fit. Now just a lump of goo:embarassed:

Unable to control my appetite...want to eat everything I want just like I did (unfortunately) while I was pregnant.

Looking forward to some help.

Thanks, rjr

Replies

• rjrdvm
    Options
    Hello all, my first post here...a little uncertain. Have used this website for a while but have never used the message boards. Really looking for some help:blushing:

Had my 4th child 2 months ago...own my own business - have for 5 years...just turned 40...having a really hard time getting motivated to lose the last 20 lbs. of pregnancy weight. AND, having trouble getting back into shape:sad: .

I am very active (no formal exercise) I hardly ever sit down (who can with 4 kids and a full time business, a herd of horses, and being a member on 2 very intense boards). Actually, writing this is the longest I've sat down in quite a while.

Used to be very trim and fit. Now just a lump of goo:embarassed:

Unable to control my appetite...want to eat everything I want just like I did (unfortunately) while I was pregnant.

Looking forward to some help.

Thanks, rjr
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Welcome!

Good luck!

Lots of great information on here with plenty of support and motivation.

:flowerforyou:
  • rjrdvm
    Options
    thank you:happy:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome rjr.

It can be rough getting back after pregnancy. But it can be done. I go through times when I want everything in site also but try to focus on foods that are not processed. Those foods always seem to make things worse. Keep your head up you can do this. Make sure you take some time to plan your meals and snacks. That way when you are in the middle of a busy day you don't have to give much thought about what will be healthy for you at that exact moment. For me that means having a snack in my purse ready to go.

Good luck:happy:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Great to have you here! Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    It sounds like you are busy taking care of everyone else and have forgot to take time for yourself. I know the feeling as I too have 4 awesome kids. But on the otherhand I do not own my own business. Wow, good for you. :drinker: I say just try to really set some time where you can focus on yourself, every little bit helps. Also try to plan ahead all of your meals and snacks if you can. Sometimes just changing your diet can make a huge difference. GOOD LUCK!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: