Going keto 2022!

Options
_jenrose91
_jenrose91 Posts: 3 Member
edited February 2022 in Recipes
Hello! I am going keto in 2022!
I’m looking for friends to help me with motivation and support here.

I am a full time mom to a 6 (on the 15th!) little girl. I’m 30 years old, I’m 4’11” and currently I weigh 208 lbs.

I enjoy keto and I enjoy the keto friendly foods and snacks.

Looking for more keto friendly meal ideas and snacks. Feel free to drop me a friend request!

[personal details removed by mods; please share via private messaging with friends]

Tagged:

Replies

• nsmartinez1979
    nsmartinez1979 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started keto a couple of weeks ago - almost closer to carnivore but I’m keeping up with my macros. I know the majority of it this early is water weight but I lost 10lbs. Good luck!!
  • wendypalmer2881
    wendypalmer2881 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have just started my keto journey also, and tips tricks support would be great!
  • nsmartinez1979
    nsmartinez1979 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been eating a TON of ribeyes! For me, it’s the easiest thing for me to measure and it seems like the perfect keto food. I’m also monitoring my macros pretty strictly. In the first week, I didn’t experience any keto flu symptoms and I’m not really sure why. I felt like I was over salting my food but maybe I wasn’t. And maybe that has something to do with it. Good luck!
  • MrsBrehmer03
    MrsBrehmer03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i need keto friends. add me y'all. New here for the keto. Trying to figure it out
  • LisaB272
    LisaB272 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    On keto (I think, i never seem to hit any actual goals other than staying under my carb limit) but really enjoying the food and the weight is coming off super nice!!!!! Bring on Keto in 2022
  • djsliter78
    djsliter78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I went keto a year and a half ago and lost around 40lbs in 4 months. Then the holidays hit and I started eating carbs once more and have been addicted to sugar again since. I'm going back on keto and will be combining it with intermittent fasting which is what I believe is what gave me an edge when I lost so much weight the first time. KETO 2022!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I am new to keto. I am excited as my weight loss plateaued, prior, and I have been floundering around trying to figure out what was wrong. Paleo or low carb were not working anymore. I am glad for this group!
  • SusannO
    SusannO Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    There are lots of things you can do with meats and veggies, but the addition of Carb Balance Tortillas and Keto Bread really open up tons of options. They are so mainstream now that you can find them in Costco and grocery stores. There are different keto breads depending on where you are located in the country. Anyway, I make thin crust pizzas on my tortillas. I use them as a tortillas for wraps and burritos. I use them as skinny naan when I cook Indian dishes. You can fry or bake them and have chips. With the bread, you can have sammies again that taste like sammies. Avocado toast is very keto friendly. Butter on toast yum. I make sausage gravy and put that on toast. Lots of options open up with those 2 items alone!
  • Isabel1188
    Isabel1188 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Keto again this year too! Around 4 years ago, I was doing Keto and managed to lose 40 pounds. Then a lot happened and I gained it all back plus some. I want to get rid of this weight so I don't have to be so tired to play with my son! We can do this people! Remember why you're doing this! <3:smiley:
  • nicholehayes5120
    nicholehayes5120 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started Ketos about a week now. Still trying to figure out how it all works bc I've never really dieted before . I just had my 3rd child 6 months ago and my body is being "different" . I have 6 kids in total 2 of them are foster children. So it's really hard when I have to cook for everyone and someone always hates something . When I went to the grocery store for the first time I felt lost because I honestly don't know what's good and what's bad "good foods". Defiantly need some friends to help 🆘 lol
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I’m not keto but my husband is and have learned a lot of recipes and tricks. If you want me to share anything in particular, send me a message. I have a ton pinned on Pinterest.
  • emilyeverson30
    emilyeverson30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been keto for quite some time. Before going keto I did a lot of research and lots of people recommended the book easy keto meal prep. I can tell you its what I needed it also help with info on marcos, how to track, and some great recipes that are not too overwhelming/ easy to make substitutions for the whole family.

As for tips, keep yourself in ketosis. There is no cheat days on keto, plus going in and out of ketosis is hard on the body and the headaches suck. Stick to it and you will be successful!