Need Motivation

Options
Hi there....

I went to Chicago 2 weeks ago, ate bad and did not gain anything (walked a lot). Since I have been home I cannot break my bad eating....GRRR and gained 4 lbs back. I need to get back on track but I cannot find the motivation to even get off my butt to excercise. I am thinking the 4lbs may be motivation, well hoping.

Replies

• cab2424
    cab2424 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi there....

I went to Chicago 2 weeks ago, ate bad and did not gain anything (walked a lot). Since I have been home I cannot break my bad eating....GRRR and gained 4 lbs back. I need to get back on track but I cannot find the motivation to even get off my butt to excercise. I am thinking the 4lbs may be motivation, well hoping.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Get back on track today. No excuses, just do it before a week turns into a month. You have worked so hard to lose those 24lbs. YOU CAN DO THIS! :flowerforyou:
  • nickelmel
    nickelmel Posts: 87
    Options
    hmmm....going away can really do some damage to your routine! try just telling yourself you'll exercise today...just today and see how that goes. if you do get your exercise in, try tomorrow. i think little steps is better then beating yourself up for going off track. we ALL go off track and it's much harder to get back on track once you've gone off but that's what we're for!

good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • hbaggett67
    hbaggett67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I travel all the time, so I can appreciate how hard it is to accommodate a diet while on the road. And if I've gone off track, it is hard to get back on--it is like you get a taste of the "good stuff" and you can't let it go easily. It's an addiction! So stop feeding the addiction, literally, and focus on how much better your body feels when you are losing weight. Focus on how bad you feel now, and that you don't want to keep beating yourself up. Then get back on track and STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP. My biggest motivating factor for staying on track and/or getting back on track was getting a body composition done. I think of my body fat percentage every time I am thinking I will stray. Just get it back together now, and move on!
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN'T CHANGE WHAT YOU DONE YESTERDAY OR WHEN YOU WENT TO CHICAGO. YOU HAVE TO FORGIVE YOURSELF FOR SLIPPING AND VOW TO DO BETTER TODAY. YOU CAN DO IT!! DO NOT GET STUCK IN SO MUCH GUILT THAT YOU CAN NOT GET BACK ON TRACK. THIS USE TO BE ONE OF MY PROBLEMS AND I HAVE LEARNED THAT IF I SLIP, IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD; I JUST HAVE TO FORGIVE MYSELF AND TRY HARDER TO STICK TO EATING HEALTHY.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    We all slip but you have to get back on track! I made a few bad choices over last weekend, but decided that it was a mistake and I would get right back on it. I did and this week I still lost 1.5 lbs because I didn't let that poor choice of the moment be a poor life choice. You can do it I know you can! And when you see the ticker that you have lost 24 lbs!!! You should be so proud. Don't let one weekend ruin that. Because our bodies like to gain it back fast and more easily than it was and is to lose it.

Stay focused

Stay strong

Blog Blog Blog, I have found it I blog more, it helps, I feel more in tune to the community on here!

Jess :flowerforyou: