New-ish!!

Options
Hiya

I'm not new, I've been doing this for about 7 weeks now. I thought it would be okay to just get on with this myself and push myself through it but after finding the forums I've realised that it would actually be quite nice to have some friends on here for the additional support.......I have another 3 and a half stone to lose so it's going to be a long lonely road if I don't. One of my friends joined MFP but got bored and my husband doesn't have to lose any more weight so gave up using this after a short while.
I'm from the UK originally but live in the UAE at the moment. Would welcome friends from anywhere!!
Ones who aren't afraid to kick me a*se when needed too! :)

Thanks

Replies

• kensmrs
    Options
    I joined yesterday - and would be happy to be your friend - I live in Scotland (just recently became a British citizen - originated in USA). Keep going and don't give up no matter what - Let's do this!
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Fab, thanks!!

I'm actually from Scotland, the Highlands, hope you're enjoying our weather!! I'll send you a friend request. Welcome to MFP, this place is addictive! :)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you!! Its a great site!
  • kensmrs
    Options
    I am in Faifley (Clydebank) but moving shortly to Bishopbriggs (outside of Glasgow). My husband and I visit Newtonmore as often as we can - what part of highlands are you from?
  • AH2013
    Options
    Best of luck to you!! Its a great site!

Thanks!!! You too.
  • AH2013
    Options
    I am in Faifley (Clydebank) but moving shortly to Bishopbriggs (outside of Glasgow). My husband and I visit Newtonmore as often as we can - what part of highlands are you from?

From the Isle of Skye, one of the most gorgeous places in the world. If you haven't visited yet, please try to. It will take your breath away! Further north than Newtonmore, but well worth the drive. Probably about 4 1/2 hours drive from Glasgow up through Glencoe....much more when you do it first time as you'll have to stop several times to take in the views :wink:
    I lived in Glasgow for a while too when I was studying, fantastic city, I hope you're settling well in Scotland!!
  • SaltiGi
    Options
    new too---very shy!
    but hello!
    From the US, Southern California.
  • mirenner
    Options
    Welcome and enjoy the ride.