Please share Large meals low cals.

Options
Adrenaline_Queen
Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
Anyone have any large meals and low cals???

Thank you, getting lost in google and my brain is frying... xx

Replies

• livi_cowgirl
    livi_cowgirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Stir-fry veg is a good one. Can have a massive plateful and the calories are low, so long as you use very little oil.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Check the link on my signature
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    A big slab of turkey steak with herbs and spices added on, with stir fry veg. Turkey steak is ridiculously low in fat too. I use fry light which is almost cal free. x
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Totally agree Stir Fry with Chicken or Shrimp is a great option to get in heaps of veges!!

This recipe can also be made with Chicken, Beef or Shrimp if you don't like lamb - it makes a HUGE meal!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Elleinnz/view/recipe-lamb-and-lentil-curry-on-pumpkin-mash-110827
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Options
    Stir-fry veg is a good one. Can have a massive plateful and the calories are low, so long as you use very little oil.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer, I do this one!!

I meant ones I dont know! LOL this could take time xx I need to explain myself in more detail.

I need to know more dishes with roast veg, rice and handy meals to use as a pack lunch!!

Sorry for confusion.. xx
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    I always go fo ratatouille, if I want to eat a lot ;-) I prepare it with olive oil, onions, garlic, zucchini, aubergines and tomatoes (fresh or canned), salt, pepper and herbes de provence. You can eat a big bowl, be totally filled up and hardly take in any calories. Sometimes I add feta or parmesan cheese, depending on how brave I am or how many calories I have "left". ;-)

Most of the time I don't even add any carbs as in potatoes or rice or noodles. Today it was quinoa though.

Enjoy your weekend!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Options
    Thank you all sooooo much!!! You have all been amazing!! xx
  • jyt2573
    Options
    Check out the Skinny Girl recipes and books. She always has HUGE portions, yet manages to keep everything pretty sensibly caloried out.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Options
    Thank you all... I have problems as I am eating well but loosing nothing.... This site keeps telling me I will loose a stone within a month, but I have not lost a pound in my first week?? Anyway... thanks again... xx Will just have to start all over...
  • dawg222
    Options
    Anything where you lower the fat, take out animal products and use lots of veggies will give you larger meals and more filling. I try to have a very large salad per day with lots of different colored veggies, sprouts, beans (like garbanzo or black) and low fat dressing. When you get used to eating that much salad you also by default are upping your fiber intake.

Today I didn't eat a big salad but I had a bowl of green and red cabbage, shredded zucchini and carrots and a homemade vegan ranch dressing. It was very filling, crunchy, and filled with a ton of fiber. At the end of the day I had 45 grams of fiber (the average American gets 14).

Skinny Beatch has good recipes but I don't like the focus on faux meat snd cheese substitutes. I'd rather have real rice and beans instead of eating processed foods that have beans or wheat in it (soybeans primarily). The most highly processed food I had today was a whole wheat bagel and a flour tortilla. Low processed foods, high vegetable intake, low fat and beans or legumes will fill you up and help peel off the weight.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with some muir glenn sauce.

Pork tenderloin.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    friend me and check out my diary...I don't cook meals a lot...only when husband is home. So I just throw together things whenever I am hungry. For one example...ham sandwich, apple, baby carrots, milk. use some low cal bread. I use some that is like 90-120 cals for BOTH slices together. then most lunch meats (thin sliced) I find are around 50-60 cals for 6 slices. I use oscar mayer healthy selects thin sliced (prepackaged) but I think most deli meat is about the same. I also use skim milk so this is what it looks like.

bread=140-180 cals
    apple, gala=90 cals (other varieties may be less cause they have less sugar, I like that these are so sweet)
    baby carrots=35 cals (3oz, about 14 pieces)
    Skim milk=90 cals (1 cup)

total=355-395!

I am sooo full after this meal and it lasts a while. I have all sorts of little hodge podge meals like that you can look through. Just don't mind my off days where I have a lot of pizza and stuff lol! I allow myself 1 cheat day a week and it has been working well for me so far. Hope this helps....

Oh I could not help but add another favorite I just remembered!

Tuna sandwich:'
    Starkist chunky light tuna pouch=80 cals (1 small pouch)
    3 boiled eggs, whites only=51 cals
    Dill relish= says 0 cals on the bottle ??
    (optional) Mayo made with olive oil=50 cals (per tbsp)--seriously, I find it just as good without it!
    2 slices low cal bread=90-120 cals

total= 271-301!! And this mix makes enough for the sandwich plus a little left over you can just eat out the bowl, or for that little cals, make another sandwich!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    giant salads.

i add tuna that i cooked in a pan with spray butter, salsa, onions, peppers.

jasmine brown rice is 70 calories for nearly a cup, so i usually put 1/3 of my protein in that and the rest in a salad.
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is:

80 calories total: 2 Cups of mixed vegetable Medley from Costco (yellow carrots, baby carrots, broccoli, califlour)
    260 calories total: 8 oz (2 servings) of High Liner Lemon Pepper Tilapia.

Total Calories: 340

My wife doesn't really like fish, but she loves this brand of tilapia!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Options
    Thank you all xxx
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    egg salad :D

3 hardboiled egg whites: 51 cal
    1 hardboiled egg: 70 cals
    1 tbsp light mayo w/ olive oil: 45 cal
    salt/pepper to taste

spread on 6 crisp n light 7 grain wasa crackers: 120 cal

6 big crackers with delicious egg salad for under 300 cals ^_^
  • Prettypiglett
    Prettypiglett Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have been eating stir fry veg mixed with a cheap sweet and sour sauce.....I have a massive plateful ;) Yummy!