NEW TO MFP AND LOOKING TO MAKE FRIENDS!

jannah22
jannah22 Posts: 31
Hi all! My name is Jannah, im 27 years old, a full-time university student (studying a BA in primary education), getting married in 9 weeks and 5 days, AND looking to lose some weight!

I have a lot of weight to lose (39.5kg or 87lb), and know in 9 weeks i will be lucky to make a small dint in this, but i am still going to try! I have lost 10kg earlier this year, but have been gaining and losing the same 2kg for the past 6 months and it is making me crazy! :sad: Hoping my new found motivation and MFP discovery will help me break this cycle!

I believe that a huge element of successful weightloss is support from people in a similar situation, both to celebrate your successes and to seek support through 'failures'...

...so, i am here seeking new MFP friends! :happy:

Replies

• welcome (:
    You will do just fine here hunny!
    Feel free to add me.
  • astul
    astul Posts: 63 Member
    Hi hun! Add me if you like - it does make a difference with friends egging you on and this place makes it so easy to count those pesky calories!!! here's to your wedding day!!
  • Welcome and enjoy the ride.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    I wouldnt say you could make it all the way, but if you stick with it, you could easyily lose 30-40 pounds! Add me if youd like, Im a full time college student too, and Ive lost 20 pounds using MFP in the past 42 days
  • AmyBlu12
    AmyBlu12 Posts: 23 Member
    Welcome. MFP is the best!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    I am hoping that is just an old picture, you don't look like you need to lose 87 lbs. You can add me if you like for support and encouragement. :)
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Welcome to MFP :) Feel free to add me :)
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 698 Member
    You will love this site, the people here are veryyyyyyy encouraging, please feel free to add me:smile:
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    I'm in a similar situation, add me if you like :) and good luck!!!!
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Hi, I'm new too and already a primary teacher. I don't have as much weight to lose but I need motivating!
  • hssheikh
    hssheikh Posts: 55 Member
    the folks here at MFP are really really encouraging...im at the beginning of my road to success and so far havent lost much either..but i also have the same amount of weight to lose as you have..u can add me if u like! for me this site has worked wonders n has helped me a lotttt to keep be motivated n not eat the wrong foods!
  • anything is possible if you want to do it :-) and you will.........MFP is a great place for support and to keep you motivated.....I wish you luck in you weight loss:smile:
This discussion has been closed.