Defeated

Options
Hey everyone a few things about me I’m 35 year old female 5’2 I started my journey on January 12th of this year at 247 pounds I have lost 13 pounds this far but for the last 16 days I’ve been sitting at 234 pounds and nothing is happening I’ve changed my calories from 1550 to 1500 in hope to shake someone lose but nope nothing and I’m starting to feel like what is the issue maybe I’m not meant to lose weigh or something I’m just defeated and don’t understand what I’m doing wrong. I’m hoping you guys have some input to help a girl out thank you guys for any help you have.

Replies

• sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just need to wait it out. I can go weeks without dropping any weight then get a whoosh weight loss of 2-3 lbs at once. Give it a full month of sticking to your goals and logging as accurately as possible before worrying. I know it can be frustrating but it is very normal. Keep up the great work and you will continue to see the results!
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    It could be TOM related or just a plateau. Maybe switch up your proteins. Drink plenty as in LOTS of water. Don't stress. If you are keeping at a deficit in your calories - your body will catch up and drop those pounds. Look for other areas of success. The scale is not the only measure of success on this journey. You've got this - keep pushing forward!
  • TexasTallchick
    TexasTallchick Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You lost 13lbs in a month and a half that’s a LOT!! 16 days is not enough time to say nothing is happening. Your body isn’t a machine and basic input/output doesn’t always lead to a loss. I burn 2500-4500 calories 4-5 times a week at work and am eating 1800 or less and haven’t seen a loss in almost a month. I know I’m doing everything right, so not going to give up.

Patience is a huge part of losing weight. You didn’t gain it quickly, and you’re not going to lose it that way either. Do your clothes fit any better? Are you able to do more physically? Have you taken any measurements? These are all ways to you’re in on the right track and still making progress. The scale is NOT the only way to see your progress.

Hang in there and keep going!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    13 Lbs in a month and a half is very rapid...not entirely unusual when first starting out, but it slows after about 4-6 weeks depending. Also, if the last couple of weeks or so involved ovulation and TOM, that is going to do all kinds of crazy things with your hormones and water weight. Women in particular have more of these kinds of fluctuations than men and really need to pay attention to what that period of time looks like on the scale...which might take a month or two to really reveal itself.

Other than that, patience. While weight loss can be quite rapid initially, much of it is water...after that it's a pretty slow process and a marathon type of endeavor.
  • KobiHensley
    KobiHensley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!! I know it's challenging to stay motivated at 200 pds because you don't see change as well as someone thinner. I weighed 259 pounds when I started and I'm now at 209.

Please friend me, I'd be happy to help support you during this journey.