Bicycling NSV: 100+ miles

Options
I hit another bicycling goal yesterday. I did 105 miles around beautiful Hope, Indiana, on a gorgeous day. The scenery, the farmland, the sky--intense blue with fluffy white clouds...it was all mesmerizing. I averaged a little over 16 mph..a nice pleasant speed I think. This is my first century in over 10 years, and only the second one I have ever done. It's funny because last year I could barely get in 15 miles without being super fatigued, I only rode about four times, and I weighed about 275 pounds. Refocusing on quality food (and less of it), exercise and MFP have all combined to get me on the right track, and I am currently down to 196. Hopefully there will be more centuries in store for me, but you never know! I take it all one day at a time, and never EVER take anything for granted now.

Happy trails, and wherever you go, whatever you do, be safe yall!

Replies

• coulter74
    Options
    Wow,,congrats,,keep up the great work.:)
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Isn't your bike just the best place in the world to be? Awesome!!
  • Jackdan
    Jackdan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Got my first road bike this summer, find it a relaxing way to exercise. Haven't done any century rides yet but have been working towards it. What a great accomplishment for you to go from 15 miles to 100+ in about a year. Great work! Keep riding.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    This is an amazing NSV...wow..I am so proud of you. Isn't it amazing to see how far you have come in such a short time and damn baby you had to have worked for it...Rock on
  • dianerml
    dianerml Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome. Congrats!
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Just started training for a century in the last two months. I just reached the 15 mile goal and hope to do my century next spring or fall. You are an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!