Building a Recipe

Options
sweetlizh
sweetlizh Posts: 1 Member
How can you add instructions when you are building a recipe and not just the ingredients?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can. On the "old" recipe builder on the website (the one where you manually enter ingredients instead of importing the recipe from the web), it used to pretend to give you that option, along with "sharing" the recipe in the database, but neither option ever worked.
  • freedomlass
    freedomlass Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can still do this as I created 2 recipes just yesterday, go to the Food Tab, then Recipes, you can then either 'Import' a recipe or to the right of the screen (using a pc) there is the option to 'Enter new Recipe', when you click on there you then enter all the ingredients and give the other details it requires, underneath you can either just save it as it is, doing this you can't enter the method but if you click on the button to 'yes' you want it saving to the database then you can enter the recipe in full.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    You can still do this as I created 2 recipes just yesterday, go to the Food Tab, then Recipes, you can then either 'Import' a recipe or to the right of the screen (using a pc) there is the option to 'Enter new Recipe', when you click on there you then enter all the ingredients and give the other details it requires, underneath you can either just save it as it is, doing this you can't enter the method but if you click on the button to 'yes' you want it saving to the database then you can enter the recipe in full.

But then where do you see the instructions? I did this years ago, but it was a waste of time. The instructions were nowhere to be found.

I just tested it again, and when I went into my "recipe box," there were no instructions stored with it. Where do you find the instructions for your saved recipes?
  • blacksnot13
    blacksnot13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also find it frustrating to not have instructions with recipes. The ability to add instructions to a MEAL exists. I don't understand why the same app programing can't be used for a RECIPE.
    How do I propose this to MFP? I can't find a way to communicate with them directly to suggest enhancements.