NSV - Taller, really? lol

Options
This week I've gone out a bit more than usual and ran into a few people that I haven't seen in some time and found it amusing that two of them said the same thing. "Hey, I didn't realize you were that tall." (little over 6')

At my brothers party just a few weeks ago I was standing next to one of my older brothers who is in excellent shape and one of my friends said I didn't know you were taller than him. Yep, I sure and am and have been for many many years! I guess b/c he was V-shaped and I was A-shaped at the time they could never tell.

I'm happy being the same height even though people think I've been eating my Wheaties.

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yay! You are more vertical!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Double post. Sorry. I got a bit excited for a minute.
  • ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Another reason you may appear taller is because as you workout your spine straightens out making you taller. About 3-4 years ago I lost about 40lbs and I actually "grew" an inch. I went from 5'4" to 5'5".
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Ooo! That's encouraging! I'm only 5'3'' and still have quite a bit of weight to lose - maybe I'll grow some, too! :tongue:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Ooo! That's encouraging! I'm only 5'3'' and still have quite a bit of weight to lose - maybe I'll grow some, too! :tongue:

Hahahaha that was what I thought, as well.

Funny NSV, though :smile:
  • Andiarena
    Options
    Thats awesome!!
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    LOL that's great!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    When I went to visit my grandparents after losing 100 lbs my grandmother kept telling everyone I got tall. :laugh: I may have grown an inch though, I was always 5'3" and now I'm 5'4".
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm going to keep eating my exercise calories until I hit 6'4".
    Congrats on everyone's success! I love the success section on the forums.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Keep standing tall and proud! I always wanted to be 5' 9" maybe if I lose enough weight I can get those 2" I'm missing. :bigsmile:
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have 2 thoughts

1- You may be smaller so people can stand closer to you making looking up at your face a little more of a tilt than previously.

2- Losing weight probably makes it easier on your joints to stand up straight. Less weight=Less to lift UP!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!