Know what stores sell Larabars?/ Costco favorites :D

Options
So I heard Larabars are supposed to be really healthy for you, less than 5 ingredients and are made from all natural foods. Do you know where I can buy these in person? I wouldn't want to buy it online through amazon or their website, and would prefer buying it myself. I usually shop at Costco but I never find them there. Do you also know where I can find Luna bars? and which do you prefer, Luna or Lara bars?

And for people who shop at Costco, what do you tend to buy for snacking? I usually buy Nature Valley Granola Bars (Oats and Honey, and the Dark Chocolate kind) but I want something different. Do you recommend their cliff z-bars or the kashi crunchy granola bars?

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I have seen them at whole foods.
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    I get them at Stop and Shop when they are on sale (usually for $1 each)...I stock up and then get a raincheck so I can buy them when they aren't on sale LOL.
  • AmyBlu12
    AmyBlu12 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I buy the Kashi protein and fiber bars. A good filling snack. It comes with chocolate peanut, chocolate almond (my favorite) and chocolate caramel. All are under 200 calories and soooooo delicious! :happy:
  • AmyBlu12
    AmyBlu12 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I get them at Stop and Shop when they are on sale (usually for $1 each)...I stock up and then get a raincheck so I can buy them when they aren't on sale LOL.

I like your style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've seen Luna bars at target but haven't tried them. I have not heard of Lara bars though
  • puppywalker
    puppywalker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have bought Larabars at Kroger, but they are high in calories ( about 200 each bar ) and fat too because of the nuts they put in them.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Kroger has them all the time, often on sale
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you live, but most grocery stores have both of those bars. I really like the Larabars, and they only have fruit and nuts, absolutely nothing else added, so I love them for a quick snack on the go. I also really like Clif bars, which are all organic and also very healthy. They actually taste like chewy cookies to me... yum!

My local grocery stores like Meijer, Family Fare, etc.. usually have them. But I'm a Midwestern gal!
  • mrs_madame
    mrs_madame Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can find Lara/Luna/Clif bars at Meijer, REI, or Whole Foods. I just bought some more yesterday from Meijer myself, and they were only a buck a pop. I prefer Luna bars because they have less fat, more protein, and are less expensive than Lara bars, and they are made specifically for women. And they are bigger, which makes me feel like I'm eating more...which is good because I eat them as a meal replacement!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I prefer Lara bars to Luna bars, but that may just have been the one flavor of Luna bars that I tried (it was lemon flavored and I found it nasty...). I am assuming that you live in the US - I saw Lara bars at Trader Joe's for around 1.29 (I think). Considering they're usually around 2.99 where I live (Canada), I thought that price was great!

If you have a food processor, I've also seen recipes online for making your own Lara bars. If you buy the ingredients in bulk then it would definitely be cheaper.
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    thanks for the great answers guys! i live on the east coast of the united states. there are no whole foods, meijer, rei, family fare, kroger, or anything like that. near me, i have waldbaums, king kullen, target, walmart, pathmark, etc.
  • elzianne
    elzianne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    They started selling Larabars at the Walmart near me, but I know each store stocks differently– have you checked Walmart lately? You might try CVS or Walgreens... sometimes drugstores carry them as well.

As someone already pointed out, they aren't low calorie or low fat (or low sugar for that matter) because they're just nuts and fruit. However, they're also gluten-free, raw, and don't have all kinds of additives. My favorite is their Pecan Pie flavor – it totally satisfies me when I have a "I MUST HAVE DESSERT" day... and with only three ingredients (dates, pecans, & almonds), it is wayyyyy better for me than a real piece of pecan pie :)

(Peanut Butter Cookie is another tasty/desserty flavor I love that only has 3 ingredients!)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    If you eat them often, what about ordering them online? It might even be cheaper if you order an entire box. Due to the calories in them, I usually only buy one or two at a time since I know I'll eat them more often if I have an entire box lying around in my cupboard (I tend to keep one in my purse for those times when I'm out and need a snack, and even then I only eat half at a time), but that could be another option...
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options

I like your style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^did you get that from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ePd_lei68Y&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLB838F218C5CFC630 ? lol, "I like your style"
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
  • kendrabrown1
    Options
    You can also get organic nature from Costco. Very healthy and yummy