Anybody else find themselves downright bored by their facebo

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
These people are physically lazy, and just not that exciting!

Replies

• rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Yes, whenever I post a status asking if anyone wants to go hiking, everyone acts as if I am asking them to complete a triathlon with me :P
  • Puckermann
    Options
    I honestly don't see the point of facebook. Had it for a few months and felt it was time wasted to update status or share pics, so I went to the forums where I at least get to converse with like minded people.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It depends what you use fb for really, and who you add on your list. I use it to keep in touch with old school friends (I like to know they are doing well in life, but aren't close enough (physically, or maybe also emotionally) to visit them), to share photos of events (like people I've met while travelling), and to play fb games (through which I meet (online and then occasionally then face to face) a whole variety of people). I have a walking group for hikes, I have other forums for conversation on various subjects, but I see fb for what it is, a snapshot of people's lives, more like a newsletter of people in your life.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't see the point of facebook. Had it for a few months and felt it was time wasted to update status or share pics, so I went to the forums where I at least get to converse with like minded people.

I do enjoy sharing pictures. But that's about it. I guess I've realized I need new friends. Everybody on facebook just seems to be miserable with no idea whatsoever on how to help themselves.
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I deactivated mine the other day - sick of 'he says she says' - people checking up where you been - saying snide things - honestly I am 45 and it wasn't even like this when I was 15 at school!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shame I don't get to see my grandkids pics straight up - but I am sure I will get them some other way eventually.
  • suz74
    suz74 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I look back at my status updates from 6 months ago and that was me!!! Lazy lardy on the sofa scoffing dairy milk and a very large glass or two of red wine. Amazing how things can change so quickly!
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Finding myself only sharing pics for distant family and friends.

Feeling sorry for others who only complain and cause drama... Just want to tell them to get off their arses and move!!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    no, a lot of my FB friends do exercise and/or play sports. Also, my friends are politically engaged so NEVER boring. We are always debating some issue or another. Sounds like you need new friends
  • pacmanjack
    pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Facebook is a high school reunion... every night.

That gets old after a while.

Mfp is a nice alternative, because of the common interests in health/fitness/goals, etc.
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    I've been finding it boring since before I got on here. After I moved to Cali a few years ago, my friends were posting all the time about how they missed me, blah blah blah, and always responding to my "status updates". But after awhile it all dwindled and I barely ever here from them, not just on FB, but on the phone also. I of course, made friends in Cali and then I moved a few months ago to Florida. Same thing. Even the "friends" I've made down here barely post on my FB. Nobody seems to want to go hang out, go swimming, go snorkeling, etc. I guess I need to make some new friends down here that actually want to hang out and go do things, lol.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I still go on fb, but I will admit that I'm not there nearly as often as I was before I found the forums in MFP. I use FB for the people I know personally, whereas on here, I am talking to and getting to know other people who are interesting in doing the same thing I am. Half of the people I know personally either don't need MFP or aren't in the place where they are ready to do it. I definitely use fb now to keep up with my girls while their in college, although Twitter is just as effective.
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    I still like FB but I find myself on here more often these days. I love MFP and all of my friends :bigsmile:
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I use mine to keep in contact with friends and relatives that do not live in the area, it's the easiest way to share photos with all of them.

Other than that I don't go adding a bunch of people i may have once talked to in high school like most other people do, i keep my friends list short to people that I am actually friends with and that's it.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I use mine to keep in contact with friends and relatives that do not live in the area, it's the easiest way to share photos with all of them.

Other than that I don't go adding a bunch of people i may have once talked to in high school like most other people do, i keep my friends list short to people that I am actually friends with and that's it.

Your right, I think I need to delete loads, I should be adding all
    Of you instead!!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I mainly just log on to fb to help a friend out with whatever random game she's playing at the moment. I wish I had friends on there that would want to go hiking. I'd have to get out and meet people for that to happen though. :tongue:
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    no, a lot of my FB friends do exercise and/or play sports. Also, my friends are politically engaged so NEVER boring. We are always debating some issue or another. Sounds like you need new friends
    Same here. My FB friends are very active and interesting. In fact, I am the boring one since I mostly post about my kids. :) I have writers, artists, and activists on my newsfeed. I hear about people traveling the world, running marathons and organizing charity events. It's very cool but I do feel like I've been left behind a bit.