Options
Hello Everybody!

This sight was recommended by a friend and, since she raves about it, I thought I would give it a try. I have struggled with my weight throughout my life. In the past I reached my goal weight only to watch it slip away :( Yo yo anyone?

My quest to loose wait has always been influenced by two shallow "ideals" - vanity and conformity. Now, older and wiser, my approach to weight loss is health-motivated; I want to increase stamina and wake up each day morning feeling better than I did the day before.

Exercise and I are not really on speaking terms; though this is a relationship I would like to mend. On the other hand, the refrigerator and I are BFFs. Somehow I want change this dynamic and find new habits to break this destructive cycle.

If there is anybody, out there, who would like to join me on my journey, or to share theirs with me, I welcome the opportunity.

With that said, my journey begins...

Replies

• JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Hope you like it here! :happy:
  • doeshanks
    doeshanks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Saw alot of myself in your message...I had the mfp app but never really got into it..so started again yesterday on the comp...and finding friends I htink is oging to be a positive step in my weigh losee being a success this time...feel free to add me ..x
  • percussionbeat
    percussionbeat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) I started out a little hesitant too, and like you, I don't exercise all that much. Found myself gaining a little quickly for my liking and knew I had to start somewhere. And yeah, like you, I want to wake up feeling good about myself and knowing that I'm maintaining my weight in a healthy manner. *cheers* here's to the start of a healthy lifestyle! :)
  • sandyswims
    sandyswims Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What a great intro... I have the same relationships although the one with exercise has greatly improved over the past year. I sent you a friend request since you came highly recommended by JNettie. :)
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's really weird.