Help...yoyo dieter losing willpower

Options
I have been a member of mfp since january and have around 10lbs of my baby weight still to lose. I have only lost 2lbs since January!!!

Although i'm very disciplined with my calorie intake I have been yo-yoing for almost a year now. Lately I came across some weigh-in slips around the house that show me that I was the same weight this time last year or 3 months ago & it's been getting me down and i'm starting to wonder if I should continue?

One of the problems is that my husband works abroad. He is away for 4 weeks then home for 4 weeks. When he is home we eat out as a family or go on holiday a lot. These are precious times spent together & I don't like obsessing too much about food (especially if he actually cooks dinner for me) As a consequence i gain & constantly have to re-lose those those pounds!

I have actually been considering upping my calorie intake from 1400 to something like 1600 per day to try & regulate my eating so I don't overeat so much when hubby is home. I also plan to continue with 30ds, 6w6p & wii zumba exercises.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this? Or does anyone have any other suggestions that may help?

Replies

• Liliswen
    Options
    Eating out can be very difficult when trying to lose weight. If I know I'm going to be eating out, I will trying to plan my day and make sure that I fill up lighter foods earlier in the day. I make a vegetable soup that is super low in calories, but tasty and filling. Makes for a great lunch with half a sandwich or even eating a small bowl before I head out to eat, helps me to feel less hungry when I get to the restuarant. Another tip is if you know where you're going, see if they have a menu online. I find it helps to decide ahead of time what I'm going to eat. That way I don't even have to look at the menu and be tempted by less healthy choices.

Make sure that you are getting the correct amout of calories for the activity that you are doing. Some times weightloss will stall because you are not adequately providing enough fuel.

Hope some of this helps you.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    It's a really good idea looking at the menus online, gives you a chance to key a similar item in to MFP and gauge the cals - then have a first choice and a second ready in case they've sold out of the first! Only eat veggies and not potatoes when you're out and just stick at it hun, I know it must be frustrating for you x