NSV ~ Running!

Options
katapple
katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
First Half Marathon:
lonely, hard, walked up every hill, wanted to quit, felt horribly sick after

Second Half Marathon:
never alone, easy, walked through three water stations, ran up EVERY hill, never wanted to quit, felt energized and had that runners high for the next 11 hours!

I couldn't have had a better day yesterday! I still feel great today. The absolute best part of the race, hearing my 5 year old tell me he loved me as I passed. So excited for my full in 6 weeks!

Replies

• JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    I watched the news spot on this one this morning and went hey, I know someone who ran it! So cool!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    wow...this is awesome!!! Congrats!!!!!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep on running! Good luck on your full!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment.. congrats!
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    :happy: ~ ROCK ~ N ~ ROLL ~ :happy:
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options
    CONGRAT!!!! I love hearing these stories about running successes. I am just starting this running bit with C25K and find these inspirational.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

tkopps ~ Never give up! I did the C25k a couple years ago, was never a runner or even active in my younger years...and look at me now :)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome :)
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Amazing achievement!
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    that's awesome!
  • AngelaLVGJN
    AngelaLVGJN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You rocked it! Nice job! Good luck on your first full in 6 weeks!!! You are an inspiration to all who ran with you! (Me included)
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!! Congratulations on your half marathon!! I hope the full marathon will be just as fun for you!! :D
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    What an amazing feeling and such an inspirational story. Thank you for sharing.

I only hope that when October 8th comes around, that I'll be tackling my 5K with that kind of spirit!:-D

Shannon
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! It's such a great feeling isn't!!!! You will love the FULL then!!! Enjoy the experience and know that you are not alone...other runners and fans cheering are truly inspired by you and everyone running!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!