Fat feet?

Options
This is an entirely random question but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this...

Since I've lost weight all of my shoes have been too big...Since January '08 when I started losing weight (joined MFP in January '09), I've gone from a size 10 shoe to a size 8 and a half. I expected to lose weight and not be able to fit into clothing anymore, but shoes? I don't get it!

Replies

• alecsandrawired
    Options
    This is an entirely random question but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this...

Since I've lost weight all of my shoes have been too big...Since January '08 when I started losing weight (joined MFP in January '09), I've gone from a size 10 shoe to a size 8 and a half. I expected to lose weight and not be able to fit into clothing anymore, but shoes? I don't get it!
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    i have heard people complain they had to buy new shoes after weight loss, which i never quite understood... i went from 155 lbs to 265 lbs before i started on the way back and have always worn the same shoe size i think... only problem would be tight winter boots because they go all the way to the calf and i can't zip them anymore up there... other than that i am curious to hear more about this phenomenon...
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!

I've noticed (in the opposite) that I've had to upgrade to wide shoes in heels ... so hopefully I can go back to my sexy shoes when I'm done!

I'm sure it's an issue of the weight of your body spreading and flattening your feet. And now that you're teeny tiny, your feet can spring back to their proper position. Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My feet got bigger when I was pregnant with each of my kids, but I've noticed that the tops of them aren't chunky any more. I don't have foot fat when I wear sandles or stappy shoes anymore. :laugh:

I'm not sure about the size shrinkage, though. :ohwell: I would LOVE if my feet started shrinking! I'm in an 11 right now! ACK! :noway:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    My feet got bigger when I was pregnant too. Went from a size 8 to a 9.
    Now that I've lost some of that weight, I'm now wearing between 8-8.5.

It's weird. :ohwell:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I totally feel you on losing weight and feet shrinking!!!!

When I got pregnant and gained lots and lots of weight, I went from a 7.5 to an 8 or an 8.5. I stayed there for easily two years and now since I've lost weight, I'm back in a 7 or 7.5! All my dress shoes fall off my feet!
  • pinesolisyummy
    Options
    Since I moved over a year ago and started to lose weight, I went down from size 11 feet to size 10. I thought I would have been plagued with huge feet all my life, but I never knew that when you lost weight, your shoe size could go down, too!
  • Catherine10
    Catherine10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes - started out many............... years ago and I had a double A shoe in size 9, and now I am a 10 to 10 1/2 and most of the times I need the wide widths. I use to be able to wear at least a 3 inch heal. Now I am on flats or small wedges. I have come to the conculsion that when I'm fat there is two much weight on two little heels to support me in comfort. One of my goals is to be able to wear heels and you don't have much of a selection in wide widths - so I'm really hoping I'll need new shoes.
    22876.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Yup. I've noticed this too. I was also shocked by it. My shoe size had gone from 8.5-9 to 7.5-8. Sometimes I can even squeeze into a 7.

Also, my feet are not as wide, so I am finding it easier to find shoes that fit properly.

I have never really had an extensive shoe collection so the shrinkage (for lack of a better word) doesn't really bother me.:happy:
  • ruth369
    ruth369 Posts: 38
    Options
    I thought I was the only one! I went from a size 7.5 to size 6.5-7. cooool
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

u might have actually had swollen feet from water retention..I used to
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

That is what I was thinking. :drinker:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    my feet has shurnk too. in sandals I can get into 5-6 use to be 7-8 in sandals
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

That is what I was thinking. :drinker:

me too.

I was kinda mad because in June I purchased a nice pair of brazilian leather sandals. Loved those suckers.....now they flop around so cant wear them.

all my shoes are too big!!