Favorite FREE workout app - no equipment needed?

Options
Rannoch3908
Rannoch3908 Posts: 177 Member
edited March 2022 in Getting Started
Looking to start slow with a 15 minute workout each day.
  • I want the app to tailor a daily workout plan for me (not me picking each day)
  • Want to keep it simple to start and build up to harder stuff eventually.
  • Would like the routines to change daily so I don't get bored.
  • Will be working out in my bedroom with no equipment.

Any suggestions for a FREE app?

So far I have found one called SWORKIT.

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I think you already created a few threads last year asking this question or similar questions about app suggestions. Perhaps as a start you can tell us which of those you tried, what you liked/didn't like and why, so we don't repeat the same information.
  • Rannoch3908
    Options
    I did not try any yet - I gave up.
  • Redordeadhead
    Options
    So go back to the suggestions you already got and try some of them?
  • Rannoch3908
    Options
    I don't see any good suggestions in that past email chain - I just checked it. But thanks.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I think you're going to be very hard pressed to find a FREE app that is going to cover everything you want. There are very few apps that have any kind of dynamic tailoring to fitness level and progression. The only two that I can think of that do that are FitStar and Touchfit...neither are free. Both would be about as close as you can get to what you're looking for though. Touchfit in particular is also not recommended for beginners and assumes a pretty good base of fitness.

Most free apps will provide individual workouts that you can select from rather than programs that you select, where the program selected gives you your workout for a particular day for how many ever weeks the program is designed to run...but again, most do not have any kind of feature to adjust to your fitness individually. Workouts in a program typically become harder as you go along, but they aren't specifically tailored to your fitness and may be too easy or too hard or just fine.

What you are asking for is something very dynamic and much more than a simple app can provide...especially a free one. Free apps in general are going to be limited...not that they can't be good or good enough, but they aren't going to have everything...'cuz free.
  • Redordeadhead
    Options
    I agree with the above poster, you're asking for a lot from a free app.

I don't mean to be harsh, so please don't take this the wrong way, but you will need to put in some work on your end. That could mean selecting the workouts you want to do within the app, it could be choosing different apps for different types of workout, it could be actually trying some of the suggestions before dismissing them or could be paying for features you really value. However I don't think you will find one free app that does everything you want - happy to be proven wrong if someone knows one!
  • FoxySprinkles
    FoxySprinkles Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I honestly just use my Fitbit for step tracking, and youtube videos for working out