crap! now it looks like I am over cals. every day!

Options
changed my daily activity level so that my daily calories would be set lower. now when I go look at past days, it shows me being over my calorie intake every day! I know it doesn't REALLY matter, but I like to go back and look at the GOOD choices I have made, now I see all those big red numbers....

Replies

• lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the past, it's history...
  • imjustlisa
    imjustlisa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    changed my daily activity level so that my daily calories would be set lower. now when I go look at past days, it shows me being over my calorie intake every day! I know it doesn't REALLY matter, but I like to go back and look at the GOOD choices I have made, now I see all those big red numbers....
    Did you actually increase your activity level?If so why worry about being over? And don't look back if your on the right track!
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the past, it's history...

Agreed - I've done exactly the same thing but I never look back at my diary.
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    LOL I did the same thing since I'm not working as much but I just figure even though now the past diaries look bad I was still doing better than I would have w/o it.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

Remember that it's not just about how much you eat, but it's also about WHAT you eat. You said it yourself - you made GOOD choices. Just because the totals are in red, doesn't mean that they weren't necessarily good choices - it's a separate issue. So, keep going back and looking at those good choices! ;)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Try entering before you eat. That way you can make changes where you need to.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that is kind of an annoying quirk about MFP.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yup, I hate this about MFP. In fact, I need to lower my goal again (I'm custom) and I hate to reset it because of all the red. So I'll keep it at the current # for awhile, eat at my actual goal, then change it. If someone went back a month and saw a bunch of red, they have too much time on their hands.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    They were good choices at the time when you were eating that amount of calories. Now you change so you have to eat according to now , not then
  • Jessabelle12
    Options
    I did that when I changed percentages etc and now mine says I went over - but like everyones said. Thats the past now -what matters is what you do in the future. :)
  • maadee91
    Options
    haha! I JUST did that this morning and it drives me crazy too! Maybe one day MFP will fix that for people like us =)
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yeah I wish they would not change the goal for past days when you adjust it after losing a certain amount of weight.