Addicted to food

Is anyone else feeling they are addicted to food? Any tips on how to change our self-talk? I'm feeling like I KNOW the info, but I can't seem to make the connection from knowing to doing! Anyone else struggle with this?

Replies

• Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    I definitely had this problem. I sometimes still do. I would go as far as to hide certain things in my house so no one else would eat them :( But now I try to avoid these things that triggered me. I don't deprive my family of junk food or myself every once in a while. I just decide when it's worth it. And the foods that really triggered me I completely avoid !! It's a learning process but I fell I've come a long, long way.
  • colgosling
    colgosling Posts: 104 Member
    I was starting to get really worried about myself thinking that I was addicted to food, in the end and what became the start of this journey was I had had one too many let downs and disappointments this year and it dawned on me that the only thing I can control is food! Like any addiction it tries to control you so i';ve tried reversing it and it has become my little mantra 'the only thing I can control is food' It has helped me so far.
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    And also another thing I do is pick up an item I would have normally eaten to see how many calories is in it. Usually I'm in total shock and that's enough to make me put it down and walk away :)
  • Thanks, guys. I also got a tip that if you have something you want to eat, also have an equal amount of fruit and veggies with it. It will cut down on the amount of carbs and other yummy stuff you eat, because you are filling up on the fruits and veggies. I'm definitely trying that one!