Stinky workout clothes

Options
Not too sure what category to put this under...so bear with me.

Normally I drape my workout clothes over my hamper so they don't sit in a wet lump at the bottom. However, my husband threw them in and then tossed his yucky workout clothes on top of that. Gag. Now I can't get the mildew smell out of my favorite inspirational t-shirt.

Is it a lost cause?

Replies

• pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Toss them back in the wash with some baking soda.
  • amwainw
    amwainw Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. My husband and I are doing to P90X/Insanity Hybrid and everyday he sweats his clothes to the point of no return. I usually put them in the machine as soon as I can....and wash on a really heavy load with hot water and repeat the cycles two or three times. Because when I was only washing once it would leave a stinch on the clothes even with a dryer sheet. And I make sure there is a lot more water/clothes ratio for a good rinse each time and its worked so far. The ones that have just been through the ringer I have just had to throw away. The part that I don't like is the fact that we buy our work out gear at ****'s Sporting goods store and I don't wasting the money by throwing them out. Hope this helps.
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    baking soda or white vinegar(it wont make all ur clothes stink) but no,its not a lost cause! mine does that all the time!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Yep, baking soda and vinegar will help.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Yep, baking soda and vinegar will help.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    worst sinario buy some new! lol
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    oxyclean or colorsafe bleach does the trick for me washed in very hot water.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I like Borax.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    Vinegar works great!