Lap Banders???

Options
2»

Replies

• PJoy6
    PJoy6 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I will join you all.

I had the band in early 2010... have had a number of fills but haven't had any significant weight loss. It's been really depressing because I spent so much money & have little results (20# and then stopped).

I know I have restriction, because certain things get stuck & it sucks. I barf a couple times a week because I eat something too fast, or don't chew properly.

I was supposed to have "fills for life" with my surgery, but my doctor recently left town to run a hospital bariatric center in a different city.

So recently been here on MFP which is helping. I am logging in my calories and loving the camaraderie here. But can use more, especially because of the special circumstances we are in...!!!!!

I need some Lap Band friends.
  • pkmorgan14
    Options
    Hello my name is Tricia and I live in Chicago, Illinois
    surgery date was 12/03/2010 254#
    9/2011 Current weight is 145
    want to lose 10 more pounds
    I do feel lonely in lap band world, I work out nearly everyday for 2 hours and do my best to try and eat healthy. But wish I had a pal to do this with......What ever the challenge is I'm in!!!!
    Thanks Tricia
  • ablake80
    ablake80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Fellow bandster here... Anyone want to add me can.
  • Sunshine_228
    Sunshine_228 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had the band on 10.20.10 and weighed a whopping 253 on a 5.31/2 frame.. wore a size 24.. now its been almost 11 months later and I've lost 92 lbs and am down to a size 10..
    I've known numerous people who have had the band and have lost nothing cause they did not change their ways... I wanted the band since I can use it as a tool.. now waiting to go back to where I lived for the past 7 years and see who acutally will recognize me.. and I'm excited about seeing my old friends.. but yes.. the lapband is a tool and should be used as such.. I'm not sure how much of a fill I had after surgery.. I do know that when I went for fills and I went every 6 weeks I would get .8cc.. I did this not because I needed it.. but because my husband of 10 years has decided he wants a divorce.. so I will get fills as long I have medical insurance.. my last fill was in May 2011 and hadnt had one since....I did go to my new lapband doctor and had 1cc removed for him to inform before of the unfill I had 6cc in my band.. the only reason I had an unfill was I was having problems keeping food down.. from the stress of moving to a new area.. going through a divorce from my soul mate.. well thought he was my soul mate.. and all the other fun stuff.. oh and getting a new job.. after not working for almost 12 months.. so now I'm in a new area.. working. and looking to meet new people... I'm a shy person and not sure where people go besides a bar to meet people..
    I was hoping once things settle down that I would be able to get another fill.. however, it doesnt seem its going to settle down anytime soon.. I am excited about my upcoming visit back to the keys and seeing my friends.. and watching their reactions on their face when they realize its me.. of course they will know when I open my mouth and hear my voice.. :)
    I totally recommend the band to anyone who is thinking of some form of surgery based on the fact that it is reverstile.. where the gastric is not.. also, as mentioned before you can pay to have it removed.. I have no intentions of doing this as I'm prone to get sick and gain weight from steriods and stuff that I'm put on cause of my asthma.. so I'd perfer to keep it and utilize when its needed to insure of my weight..
  • cownancy
    Options
    I have had my band since 10/1/2011, but had it empty until January because of swelling from my hernia surgery, done at the same time. I got up to 5ccs by April, but had to have it all removed again in June, because I had a serious ear operation at the beginning of July. So, August I had the saline put in again and just a week ago got to real restriction at 6cc. Think I have to go to 5.5cc if I keep having little hitches with my protein shakes. I've only lost 54 pounds, but am very happy. I have the very best medical team in the world. I feel so lucky. The past 3-4 weeks, things have been going much more smoothly though. I think I am down 2 pounds since last week, but it is not official weigh in day yet.

4ccs is usually what my doctors aim as the initial fill amount. If you don't have enough restriction, you won't have the full benefit because the food will not stay near the nerves that send the "full" messages to your brain. I'm just happy to see a thread where the non-surgery people haven't invaded to bash us! Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Yes, I have goals for most nutrients, so please count me in!
  • kim457
    Options
    I had my lap done 3/21/11. I weighed at the time 284 at 5'9. I have so far lost 65 lbs. Thru exercise about everyday and diet. I have never relied on my lap band itself. All my friends tell me how great I look, but because they are my friends I sorta just nod and say thank you, thinking they are just being nice. A year ago I had a horrible breakup with a guy I had been seeing for 9 years. Last week he showed up at my door and when I opened the door his eyes bulged and his mouth flew open and about 30 times he told me how great I am looking now. That was the sweetest revenge ever~!! Tho the revenge isnt why I did this, but it was a plus :-)
  • Jeliica
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I had my band done September 7, 2011, so I'm a newbie bander!
    Feel free to add me or accept my friend request please, I love meeting fellow banders, you guys are so inspiring and helpful!

Goodluck!