I'll show you my breakfast (with pic), if...

Options
bjohs
bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
I'll show you my breakfast if you show me yours! :) Actually, I get asked frequently what a typical day looks like for me by way of meals. I'm putting together some visuals so I can add them to a blog later. Below is a normal breakfast around our house. I never used to be able to eat breakfast in the past. Just the thought of food so early in the day made me feel ill. Now, I wake up and my stomach is growling and I can't wait to have a hot meal. Breakfast is my favorite (and largest) meal of the day!

What do you have for breakfast? Share a pic if you can!

breakfast2.jpg

Edit to add: The reason for the higher iron count is due to the Nature Made Multi-Vitamin For Her (Calcium/Iron) that I take each morning.

Replies

• iamlegion714
    iamlegion714 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    that looks YUM. Do you know the protein count?
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i would just like to eat my breakfast hot.. not ice cold eggs over easy on ice cold corn beef hash
  • azzledazzle
    Options
    That looks sooooo nice. And all of that combined is only 550Kcal ?? Thats even better..

Think i will have to get the ingredients today, i dont think my belly can handle being apart from that.. Mmmmm :p
  • GrannyCynth
    GrannyCynth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love this keep them coming. I always have oatmeal and an orange or a banana. I will likely try this soon.
  • bjohs
    Options
    that looks YUM. Do you know the protein count?

Whoops, looks like I forgot to list that one. I'll fix the photo but it is 30g protein. :)
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    looks really yummy!! do you use real eggs or egg substitute?
  • bjohs
    Options
    That looks sooooo nice. And all of that combined is only 550Kcal ?? Thats even better..

Think i will have to get the ingredients today, i dont think my belly can handle being apart from that.. Mmmmm :p

You would think the cappuccino would really tally up the calories. But I get the mix you add to hot water from Sam's Club. You can make it as creamy (or weak) as you want it. It accounts for 100 calories in my breakfast.
  • bjohs
    Options
    looks really yummy!! do you use real eggs or egg substitute?

I love eggs so I use the whole egg (whites and yolk). The reason 2.5 eggs are listed is because I use 5 eggs, then split the recipe in half to share with my husband.
  • iamlegion714
    iamlegion714 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    THX! Ima try this for sure. YUM
  • candykay89
    candykay89 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy!
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you shared, thanks!
  • bjohs
    Options
    I'll be working on the lunch visual next. :D
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Pictures is a great idea :)
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Looks delish!!! Sorry my breakfast doesn't look as good as yours so I can't share.. :(
  • Wanda66
    Wanda66 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Looks fantastic! I love how you take the time to make yours so beautiful. I am still nuking my cheese and egg whites because of you. :) Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I wish you could come by my house to cook my eggs. Mine never look that pretty.

Breakfast this morning:

A slice of 100% whole wheat bread with 1 TBSP peanut butter
    Omelet made with 2 whole eggs, chopped sweet onion, ham, and shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese
    A couple of wedges of fresh cantaloupe
    Black coffee

493 calories, 39g carbs, 25g fat, 32g protein, 5g fiber, 19g sugar, 670g sodium, 155mg potassium, 24% iron, 25% calcium, 102% vitamin A, 79% vitamin C

I also take a multivitamin each morning, not included in the tallies above.

I eat around 3 omelets a week, sometimes filled with meat and cheese, and sometimes "sweet" omelets filled with fruit and Greek yogurt (but no added sugar). The other days I usually build a breakfast around steel cut oatmeal.