Okay, I tried it. I do not like greek yogurt.

Options
Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
Hrmph. Ew.

Replies

• bellatiamarie
    bellatiamarie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    +1

dis-GUS-ting
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    plain is gross! did you try vanilla or another flavor?
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    So don't eat it. There are lots of healthy foods out there. No need to eat something you can't stand.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I eat carbmaster from kroger, cheaper, tastier, less calories, better in every way
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    mix some SF/FF jello instant pudding into it, easy way to make it more dessert like, cheescake flavor + mixed berries on top, nom nom nom
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting us know. Guys, please cancel the the vat of Greek yogurt we ordered for the OP. We`ll take the vat of hummous instead.
  • slick_fox
    slick_fox Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't like it either!
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love the ones with fruit - pineapple, pomegranate, strawberry, etc. Which brand and flavor did you try? I don't like the plain either. The one with honey is also good.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I got the pre-sweetened kind with blueberries in it (Dannon fruit on the bottom). I figured I should start with the "good" stuff....
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    If you don't like yogurt or sour cream, I would imagine that you wouldn't like it...
    I sweeten mine with fresh fruit, local honey, and a little (tablespoon) of orange juice.
    Fage is the best in my opinion, but I buy the chobani because it is significantly cheaper.

But if you don't like yogurt, I am sure there is some other food that is both high in calcium and protein that you will find ;)
  • sareynooo
    Options
    I love it, plain with 1 cup strawberries (whole) then quartered. I added Chocolate Raspberry liquid stevia. It's so much more bearable that way!!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I was told before I tried it that it is one of those things that you either love or hate. When I tried it out I got three different brands. Dannon tasted gross, okios was iffy and my final choice, Fage was the winner. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.:sad:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    fage is my favorite because of silky smooth texture, and I love it with honey. Hit's the spot, and feels like ice cream!
  • My mother eats this by the gallons! BLEH!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Yeah - me neither! After all the rave reviews from others, I've tried just about every variety and brand of Greek yogurt, and I've hated it all. I've just come to accept that.

It's all too thick, pasty, sour and pungent. I do like regular yogurt, though!
  • tristahenry
    Options
    Before you give up on it entirely try... Fage 0% greek yogurt with no flavoring or fruit. Add a little bit of sugar free jello pudding powder (to taste - I use about 1/4 packet for 1 full serving) & fresh berries. I do not like any other brand of greek yogurt or the stuff with all the sugary fruit and artificial flavors but this is YUM!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I have tried many different types and flavors of yogurt and they all taste like vomit to me...
  • Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Oh I love my greek yogurt,plain,blueberry all flavours :)
  • omardragon
    Options
    I love Yogurt!!! I love that sour taste at the end of every spoon. I think because I was been fed it since i was very young. but I was surprised when i found a lot of people who don't like it . I think culture/taste buds differences.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I don't like the Greek yogurt either....thank goodness we are all different!! That is what makes the world go round!!!