Biggest Loser Yoga DVD

Options
Hi folks

I have a copy of the Biggest Loser Yoga DVD which I downloaded online. I was wondering if someone who has it should tell me how many days a week or days on days off I'm supposed to do it. The only information I've managed to find online is as follows:

"Yoga Level 1": (Weeks 1 and 2 - 20 min.): Activate your core and elongate your body with Bob's calorie-burning vinyasa of essential yoga poses.

"Yoga Level 2": (Weeks 3 and 4 - 15 min.): Take your practice to the next chakra with "The Biggest Loser" favorite fat-blasting moves that sculpt and define lean muscle.

"Yoga Level 3": (Weeks 5 and 6 - 10 min.): Follow a dynamic sequence of flowing poses that challenge your strength and stamina to shed pounds fast.

"Cool Down" (5 Minutes): Quiet your mind and body with slow, calming stretches and experience the tranquility of this meditative

But I have no idea as to what days I should do it on and when I move on to the other weeks do I add them on top of the previous level or instead of?

Replies

• jsteinberger423
    jsteinberger423 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That video is hard!!! I have it and I don't follow a set schedule. I add it in when I am feeling like a less impact workout (but not easy because it certainly isn't easy!!).

Somedays I just do the warm up and cool down to get a good stretch in.

Do you do any other actives? I would suggest doing the video a few times a week w/ maybe a day or two rest in between where you do a different activity like walking. It is a fun video and you will really feel it the next day - but in a good way
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    If you want to follow the program, do it 4-6 times per week. You add the levels (week 3 you'll do levels 1 and 2, for example). You should also do some cardio, though. I don't know if you already are, but if so, good for you.
  • richardmbunn
    richardmbunn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Yeah I agree it's hard. I did it a few months ago and it was a killer, but in a good way. At least I got through it which is rare for me because I'm so unfit. If I combine it with another cardio based workout on my days off it will either be Zumba or the Biggest Loser Power Walk (which i love and burns quite a large amount of cals for me).
  • AspiringOne
    Options
    I just finished this video workout in full for the 1st time and it was my 1st time doing it. I was extremely challenged and sweated a lot! Anyone know the calorie burn for the segments or entire video?
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I just finished this video workout in full for the 1st time and it was my 1st time doing it. I was extremely challenged and sweated a lot! Anyone know the calorie burn for the segments or entire video?
    Everyone will burn a different amount based on their size/fitness level/whatnot, so the only way to get an accurate estimate is to wear a heart rate monitor. The yoga in the MFP database lowballs on this yoga for me personally.
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have it coming from netflix any day now, excited to try it! I have never done yoga before.