Need Support

Options
Hi! My name is CLRILEY99 and I am in Oklahoma. I started my journey with MFP several months ago and I am struggling. I just finally figured iut where to come for support and I am overjoyed.
I am one who lives by encouragement and being able to share and encourage others on their journeys.
I am struggling to get back to the gym. I know I need it to not only encourage weightloss but help with my osteoarthritis. It became a problem between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I need some encouragement and ti ve challenged I believe to get myself back to the gym. Help! 😪

Replies

• christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Options
    FR sent.😁
  • clriley99
    clriley99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do you send a friend request?
  • JustSmitten77
    JustSmitten77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi please feel free to add me. I don’t know how and trying to figure it out.😆
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    What are you going to do when you get there? A lot of people resist the gym because they pile on the expectations. I’ve gone from couch potato to gym regular, but to get there I had to work through my own resistance. The first hurdle I got over was the idea that today at the gym has to be more than yesterday. It doesn’t. No one is going to sign up for torture sessions but a fast ramp up can get to that in a hurry.

Also some days its enough just to get there. Some days I’ve had to make deals with myself that I’m going to go but only do half of my workout. Or sometimes only walk on the treadmill. Because walking on the treadmill at the gym was better than home sitting on the couch. I looked on this as defending my gym habit. It was just a place holder, but for that day it was the best I could do.

Try this- what’s the minimum you can do at the gym and still look at yourself in the mirror and say you accomplished something? The minimum? Aim for that. Just to establish the habit of going. You’ll see. Once the habit is in place you’ll start to get an uneasy feeling when you start talking yourself into skipping out. At this point I just don’t feel right without my workout, even if it’s half an effort. Something is better than nothing. Good luck.