Returning to MyFitnessPal

Options
YvonnePM
YvonnePM Posts: 24 Member
Hi, I'm 75 years old and living in WV. My weight is out of control. My daughter and I have begun analyzing our issues and have come up with a plan. MyFitnessPal is our first step. Log everything we eat/drink. Next we looked for fitness videos for Seniors that we could do and found some of Leslie Sansone's Senior walking videos to be very helpful. Removing high fat and high sodium trigger foods and replacing them with better nutritional choices. We also signed up with the CDC Type 2 and Prediabetes zoom classes. Weekly for the first 6 months and then every two weeks for the next six months. We are doing this together because we know we can't do it alone. We are also listening to podcasts regarding the psychology of emotional eating.

In my lifetime I've used just about every diet known to man with little success. Now that I'm retired and I see my daughter following in my footsteps we have purposely been trying to break bad habits and get real with hunger vs. emotion.

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Uggggh! It's so sweet that this is a mother-daughter journey 🤗

How have you two been getting along the past few days, @YvonnePM
  • nanasusie2
    nanasusie2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sue, and I am 68 years old. I have been on and off several weight loss programs for a long time without success. I have really put on weight in last 5 years, since I retired and am tired of carrying around all this extra weight. Hope to meet others like me to help me on this new journey.
  • YvonnePM
    Options
    Hi Sue. Every change to my routine seems to mess everything up. I believe that I'm really ready to be successful with my health and weight loss journey. My daughter and I have joined a CDC pre-diabetes/T2 class. Free class that is 2 hours once a week on webex. They furnish the materials and I believe this is a nationwide program. The discussions and break-out sessions have been amazing. I know I can't do this alone. My daughter and I are very close and have been great support to each other. Hope we can keep in touch. Best to you.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,811 Member
    Options
    Impressed you are putting so much thought and effort in. Good for y’all!!!

I wonder if this is similar to the diabetes classes we took twenty or so years ago for my husband. That program was excellent.
  • YvonnePM
    Options
    The DPP class was a free virtual class put on through the local hospital and lead by nurses and/or nutritionists. I got into one in Maryland and live in West Virginia. I later found out that my local hospital also was part of the hospital network providing this class as well as other classes. It was certainly worth while. My A1C was at 7.6 when the class began and 5.7 after the last session. I think I'm going to see what other virtual classes they have.