Pregnant & Trying To Stay STRONG & Healthy!

Options
Well, I never thought that I would be pregnant a 2nd time. CRAZY! But I'm taking it all one step at a time... Trying to remember to eat as healthy as I can, & STILL ALLOW myself some treats. I seem to ALWAY be craving fruits & veggies these days. Morning sickness is still my enemy! & THANKFULLY I am able to get in a good 20 minute walk each night. Seems so far I have ONLY gained 3 pounds so far. & the Doctor is VERY happy with how I am doing. I'm trying to make sure I ONLY gain the healthy baby weight... & NOT weight that is NOT healthy. That way I can make sure my Little Baby is as healthy as Mommy can get him/her.

So all is all... I AM DOING GOOD!

I'm just finding it a challenge to keep posting & updateing my food log these days. I guess with me always being tired... Makes it hard to even want to sit in front of a computer.

It's funny though... I work so hard to get to my goal weight... & the moment I do... I FIND OUT I'M PREGNANT! I guess I'm still in shock about it all.

But, I will just have to take it one day at a time... & remember this little baby comes 1st! So now... That is my NEW GOAL! & I will do it all in a healthy way.

Replies

• caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    congratulations! A baby is a blessing and be healthy for your baby and yourself don't forget to take your vitamins.
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Congrats! A baby is such a blessing from God, and I think it's great that you are trying to keep the baby healthy and not worry too much about gaining weight. It's good to stay healthy and still eat and keep your baby healthy too. Great job and keep it up!
  • Ritamas2
    Options
    Congrats Hun,
    Sounds like you are doing everything right, you should be very proud of yourself! :flowerforyou:
    I really hope that the morning sickness ends soon for you. It is a wonderful thing
    that you crave fruit and veggies that will help keep you to gaining only baby weight!

I wasn't as fortunate with my pregnancies, i craved things like pizza, candy, cookies
    cake and well you get the picture, and as a result gained 80lbs with each one, not
    the way you want to go, but allowing yourself once in a while is the thing to do for
    sure, you don't feel deprived that way and you still maintain a healthy eating overall!

I wish you much luck and success all around...take care and keep us updated! :smile:

Your friend, Rita
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what happened to me - I got to my goal weight and got pregnant with baby number 4. AND then had morning sickness for the first 3 months. I've NEVER had m/s before! BLAH!!! I dealt with it and got through it and then got back to the gym and got back on track. At 36 weeks pregnant, I ran my last 5k and was still benching 110 lbs!!! I gained a total of 35 lbs which was a little higher than I should be BUT, with my other pregnancies, I gained upwards of 60 lbs each time so I was VERY happy with my 35 lbs. LOL I also did not have gestational diabetes this time and was generally very healthy. My baby is now 3 months and I have 2 pounds left to lose. So you CAN do this!

Congrats on the baby!!!