P90X Classic vs P90X Lean

Options
Hi all,

So I tried doing the P90X Classic today (I completed the work out and worked my tail off!) but after reading some more of the P90X materials I'm beginning to think that the Lean program might be best for me---I'm trying to drop weight before I put on muscle mass, just because it's very difficult for me physically to do some of the exercises correctly.

Basically, anyone have any experience with this? I've heard Lean is good for dropping weight before doing Classic.

Replies

• johncowart
    johncowart Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I always suggest classic. You will burn more fat in the long run through lean muscle than straight cardio. Either way 80% of your results are from nutrition. So your choice will only impact 20% of your results. Go ahead and begin building your strength base for further muscle building.
    Your muscles determine your metabolism, ie fat burning machine. I lost 50lbs in 90 days doing classic.
    John
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Don't be overly concerned with not being able to do all of the moves. I'm still pretty terrible at pull ups and push ups after week 3, but you do see slow progress. I couldn't do one pull up during week 1. I can probably do 4 right now. I'd stick with classic because the strength training is important.
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My first round started much in the same way as yours...I started with the classic and switched to lean...I recentley started round 4 of P90X last Monday. I'm planning to start P90X2 on January 1 ! Feel free to add me for support !
  • amwainw
    amwainw Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's about my progress as well. And I HATE that! LOL!! I am on my second round of P90X and its like man if I could only master the pulls up.
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    classic, its not going to make you look like hulk hogan. push ups suck, pull ups suck, but they will get easier. i love shoulders and arms!
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Classic every time.

For those struggling with the pull ups get a pull up assist band like these: http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/fitness-bands.php
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Classic
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    classic