I'm stuck help

Options
BW:286 8/1/2011
1 month:255
9/18/2011:252

The first month of MFP I was taking in about 1300 calories and doing cardio every day. I lost 31 lbs. Yay for me. My problem is I went to the doctor and they told me to eat more and add some strengh exercises. So now I am at 2000 calories a day and lifting weights about 3 times a week. I have lost 3 lbs in 18 days WTH. Any suggestions please help.

Steve

Replies

• pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
  • prestonmay
    prestonmay Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Okay what is your weight height and fat % . YOu can PM me... I went from 210 to 210 in 3 months ..... cardio , weights 3 times a week and one rest day eating 1600 cals a day BUT my fat % went from 19 to 11 percent . Which would suggest I was losing fat , water and gaining muscle.
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    Stick at it, Steve. So you're not shedding weight like you were and it feels like a backward step, I get that, but you need more calories so that when you hit the weights you develop muscle. A little muscle will raise your resting metabolism: you will continue to lose so long as you stick at it.

Just don't cheat- lift properly and with good form, at a weight that has you desperate (like crying and praying while you shake like a sh*tting dog) to stop on the last set. And don't be tempted to just drop the calorie intake., you won't get any gains and the weight work will be a waste of time.

Hope it helps.
  • gailashton
    Options
    Wow, 1st of all nice work. Don't get discouraged, although I would think 2,000 calories is a lot if you're doing a lot of cardio. Strength training is only going to make your body a fuel efficient fat burning furnace wherein even when you're not doing cardio you'll be burning fat, even when you're sleeping. The more muscle you have the more fat you burn. Also muscle weighs more than fat. Sometimes you can't go by the scale. In 20 weeks I lost almost 50 pounds, but in that was 10 inches from my waist and a lot more in other places. I went from a size 22W to a 14 misses, so I lost a lot more inches than I did pounds. I wll happen. Keep up the good work and determination. EveryBODY is different!
  • Luckybss
    Options
    Hi Steve!

Muscle takes less space than fat does, and weighs more too!
    Do your clothes fit you differently now? That can be the biggest indication of your progress.

Keep up the great work at consistent strength training, you will get your rewards!

Lucky