calories burnt?

Options
I'm on 1200 a day. I'm eating about that, sometimes a bit under but I'm burning 200-300 on the30D shred, so am left with maybe 350 calories after my evening work out.

It feels like a waste to eat them after my hard work, but am I eating too little without them?

I felt dizzy last night but in all honesty it was the first time I'd done ANY excersise in over a year!! oops. So I think that was the reason more likely, i wasn't feeling hungry.

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Eating after a workout is good way to help your body recover. It's primed to accept those nutrients and your body already has metabolic processes going from the work to provide energy.
  • Kity4kits
    Options
    ah so what should I be looking at eating? my diner/last meal? or more of a snack?
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    With a low target calorie count like 1200 you should try to eat back all your exercise calories. You should get the best progress eating back those calories in full as protein rich food about 30 minutes after your workout.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    well I can tell you what works for me:

.25g/ pound goal weight of protein
    .25-.50g / pound of goal weight of carbs.

This may not work for you. This usually ends up being a protein shake with a banana for me. Bananas are kind of glycemically high, but that's ok after a workout.