Not loosing

Options
So many people say they lose the most weight right away. It has been over a week and I haven't lost a pound! Argh! :explode:

Anyone start off slow and lose more later? I'm looking for some motivation here! :ohwell:

Replies

• GameOver
    GameOver Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So many people say they lose the most weight right away. It has been over a week and I haven't lost a pound! Argh! :explode:

Anyone start off slow and lose more later? I'm looking for some motivation here! :ohwell:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    I have been doing this for 1 month, lost nothing!:explode:
  • SallyAnn
    SallyAnn Posts: 43
    Options
    Well what are you doing? Have you cut too many calories or not cutting to many? It is not always about the number on the scale.....are you clothes looser?

What is your fitness plan and what is eating guide?
  • LindaGoGirl
    Options
    Hi, i am just starting today, but have been on a diet all my life...or so it seems.

Are you exercising or walking? this will help even a walk once or twice a day.

Are you drinking plenty of water.... but stay away from flavored waters unless you check the label and make sure it does not have hidden calories.

Good Luck.
    LindaGoGirl
  • GameOver
    Options
    Well what are you doing? Have you cut too many calories or not cutting to many? It is not always about the number on the scale.....are you clothes looser?

What is your fitness plan and what is eating guide?

Well what are you doing? and What is your fitness plan and what is eating guide?
    I am eating 1200/day (more wth exercise) and I am exercising 5 times a week. It has only been a week, but I just wanted to see 1 pound lost, ya know?

Have you cut too many calories or not cutting to many?
    I guess I am not cutting enough. I've been over a few times, but by about 200 calories. That's okay, right?

are you clothes looser?
    yes :smile: Just hoping for a lower number on the scale and wondering if it was normal to not lose right away, since so many people do.

Kimono - you look great already!
  • bevsmith
    bevsmith Posts: 21
    Options
    I went to a HMR weight loss center. And yes the weight loss was slow . They required 10,000 steps a day .(this builds metabolism burns calories and adds some muscle). They teach most of the fast weight loss is water. I have a work sheet that tells you fat vs water. Do not give up.
  • GameOver
    Options
    Hi, i am just starting today, but have been on a diet all my life...or so it seems.

Are you exercising or walking? this will help even a walk once or twice a day.

Are you drinking plenty of water.... but stay away from flavored waters unless you check the label and make sure it does not have hidden calories.

Good Luck.
    LindaGoGirl

Thanks. I run about 3-4 miles 4-5 times a week. I didn't really start from scratch a week ago, but I am really focusing on what I eat b/c I am a junk food addict. A week down w/no junk though! :smile:
  • bevsmith
    bevsmith Posts: 21
    Options
    One other thing OILS < BUTTERS and SUGARS are hard to process.I stay away for that reason and they cantain alot of calories.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    I have been on this for about 8 days and lost 2 pounds. I thought might be a little more and was discouraged but happy because I stayed to my calories and get some exercise 5 times a week. I think my clothes are fitting looser but wonder if it might be my imagination. I will keep plugging a long but all the encouragement I can get is helpful. I struggle getting in the water but am working on that. should you take a day or two off a week from exercising? It is getting real hard to keep me off the treadmill cause I really want to do this.
  • afoster4
    afoster4 Posts: 38
    Options
    i didnt really start seeing results for like 3 weeks. i mean there were little things the first couple of weeks, like inches changed and maybe my weight went down by like 2 lbs those weeks. But by the third week i dropped like 7lb or something like that, so just keep working on it....sometimes it takes your body a little bit to adjust.

I restarted on here at the end of jan 2009, i kind of fell off the band wagon.......twice before, but now im doing it!!!! :happy:
  • ajasiak
    ajasiak Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    you may need to increase you cal intake i used to eat 2500 a day dropped to 1200 and then some one told me to bring it to 1500 and i lost 5 lbs i work out 5 days a week so you may not be giving your body enough cal increase it by 100 for this week wait a week if nothingincrease another 100
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I have been on this for about 8 days and lost 2 pounds. I thought might be a little more and was discouraged but happy because I stayed to my calories and get some exercise 5 times a week. I think my clothes are fitting looser but wonder if it might be my imagination. I will keep plugging a long but all the encouragement I can get is helpful. I struggle getting in the water but am working on that. should you take a day or two off a week from exercising? It is getting real hard to keep me off the treadmill cause I really want to do this.

You have lost 2 lbs in just over a week? That's awesome! Remember that you are exercising too and you are building muscle. Did you take your measurements? That is a big motivator too!
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    I didn't see a change until 3 weeks either - and I am not a very patient person. Keep going! You can do it - once you feel a little bit of success it feels awesome. Hang in there!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Without knowing your current status ..I can only say that watching my calories closely and my sodium and carbs has really helped me..I also dont eat after 6pm and I BOOST my workout daily :drinker:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    This has been my 1st serious week with no cheating, and alot of exercise. Lost nothing. But I will not get discouraged, because it takes a lot longer than a week. I'm changing me, my strength of will power, and making it a habit/ a new me. That is my goal. Hopefully the weight will just come off.:happy:
  • ajasiak
    ajasiak Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    remember being a female we unfortunatley retain water like a sponge lol
  • indianagranny
    Options
    thank you havingitall and don't get me wrong I am very thankful for the two pounds - I guess I was just wanting to see a little more. I need to get a tape measure cause I really think I am loosing it in inches. I just needed to hear the keep going, you are exercising building muscle from someone else also I think. Always before I WOULD FALL OFF THE BANDWAGON BUT I really am keeping on track with calories and exercise.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    The tape measure kept me going when the scale was annoying me. I showed no weight lost one week and was upset. I measured my self and had lost an inch off my hips and an inch of my waist.

That motivated me more than a pound or two on the scale!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    It took me almost 3 weeks to lose my first lb here, and I never changed anything I was doing. Everyone's body reacts differently.
  • WMayfield
    WMayfield Posts: 19
    Options
    I feel the same way. I have lost since my 6-7 lb Christmas gain, but the scale isn't moving anymore. However, my clothes fit looser, and my muscles are more defined. I don't have a way to measure my body fat portion of my weight, so it gets discouraging.

I have to tell myself that it's not about the scale, but how I feel and look. I started MFP one year ago and after falling off the wagon for a couple of monhts, I'm starting to see results. I thought I'd be farther along, but my over 40 year old body is going to take a lot more work before it responds the way I want it to.

The good news is, I love to workout and I love the way I feel when I'm fit.